Herausgegeben von Dr. P.M. – Herausgeber der

SPIRITUAL SONNETS

By Josef Maria Mayer

 SONNETS TO MARY

 I

Hail, O you, through whom joy will shine forth!
You are the heavenly joy in my innermost soul!
You came from Heaven above in an apparition,
I saw you in the holy church on your feast-day.

You are the virgin crowned with glistering stars,
Your long black hair is flowing down your back.
You showed my the way, the way of new life,
You brought me hope, that God has a future for me.

You are the light of my path, the way of my life,
I saw you kneeling at the holy communion.
The love of Jesus comes to me through your hands,
The love of God through the hands of an heavenly woman.

I consecrate my lifetime and my eternity
To Lady Wisdom and the Virgin Mary!


II

Hail, O you, through whom the curse will disappear!
You come to me, and the she-devil goes away,
Now far away is the Gnostic occultism,
Far away is the spirituality of the hags.

No more I will pray to the goddess of the heathen
And her hero, the god of the heathen, Satan!
I’m not fallen in love with the she-devil Lilith,
No longer a victim of her sex-appeal.

You are the Mother of God and shall be blessed
And blessed be the fruit of your sacred womb!
You are the Immaculate Conception, virgin,
Your holy purity drives the demons out.

You are my only love, my lady and my bride,
I will love no other woman than you!


III

Hail, O restoration of the fallen Adam!
I dreamt that I was Adam in Eden’s garden
And God made out of my rip the naked Eve
And I and Eve were naked in the garden.

I dreamt that Eve closed herself in a purple mantle,
I spoke to Eve: Why did you close yourself
In a purple mantle? I want to see you naked
As I saw you in the beginning in Eden.

You are the bone of my bone, the flesh of my flesh,
You are the heart of my heart, the soul of my soul,
O Eve, you are the woman of my dreams,
You are the ideal of my dreaming spirit!

O help me, Mary: Eve is not in love!
Be you my beloved, O Mary, Second Eve!


IV

Hail, O redemption of the tears of Eve!
I saw the beautiful Eve, I saw her sadness,
I saw the mother of the living sorrowful weeping,
I saw the mother weeping over her children.

O Queen of Heaven, gather the tears of Eve,
Gather her tears and transform them into pearls,
Gather the tears of Eve like wine in a cup,
And let them be pearls in her heavenly crown of beauty!

O Jesus, you are the consolation of Eve,
You are the lover of the poor and the looser,
You are the consolation of the afflicted,
O Jesus, come to Eve and love her soul!

O Second Eve, take you the hands of Eve
And bring her to the wedding feast of Jesus!


V

Hail, O peak above the reach of human thought!
The protestants in their manly rationalism
Can’t find you, though they read the Holy Scripture,
O help the protestants to see you, Mary!

I love the philosopher Plato and his ideas,
He was a visionary seer of beauty.
The poets in their idealism love
The goddess of beauty, but not the Virgin Mary.

Even many priests are lukewarm in love
To the Queen of Peace, the Mother of God.
Believer, you need an heavenly revelation
About the mystery of the heavenly virgin!

Who really sees Jesus, sees at the right hand of Jesus
His mother, the virgin of the revelation!


VI

Hail, O depth even beyond the sight of angels!
You are the depth of wisdom, the depth of love,
You are the silence of the night of the soul
And the ocean of eternal bliss!

The women are searching in the depth of Satan,
They are searching in the night with magic charms,
They consecrate themselves to angels of darkness,
To the bright Lucifer, father of lies!

Nobody knows you, O created Wisdom,
Nobody knows you, only the Spirit of God!
You are the Wisdom with seven veils,
You are the Truth, no-one knows you totally!

I’m sinking like a tear in the depth of the ocean
Of heavenly mercy, in your motherly womb!


VII

Hail, O you who have become a kingly throne!
You are the seat of Wisdom, the throne of God!
You are the throne which shines like a rainbow in heaven!
You are the crystal throne of the godly Christ!

I kneel before your throne, O Queen of Heaven!
I see the crystal river of living water
Streaming from your throne into my soul,
You are the empress of my immortal soul!

In heavenly paradise I will stand at your throne
And sing to my harp a psalm of love to you!
O queen of love and beauty, o goddess of grace,
I’m totally yours in time and eternity!

Almighty Mother of God, I vow to you
The seven heavens and the gardens of Eden!

VIII

Hail, O you who carry him who carries all!
I saw the Logos, the creator of all,
In Mary’s womb! The little child in his hand
Holds the universe with all its galaxies.

The galaxies, the milky way, the sun
And the central fire of the universe
Where all in Jesus’ holy heart, and Jesus
Was in the womb of his holy Mother Mary.

So Mary is the queen of the universe
And all the universes bless the Mother.
The milky way is singing Ave Maria
And the sun is singing Magnificat!

The central fire of all the universes
Glows in Jesus’ heart in Mary’s womb!


IX

Hail, O star who manifests the sun!
You are the only star in my darkest night!
I do not see the sun and not the moon
And do not see Orion and the bear.

There is a night in my soul, so I see nothing!
Mother Night is the only queen of my soul,
Nothing I can feel of Jesus’ love
And I am forsaken by my God and Lord!

But in the deepest night of nothingness
There is a prayer on the lips of my heart:
Mother! Help me in my nothingness,
I am forsaken by God, but not by you!

You are the fire of love in the deepest hell,
You are the only star in the night of my heaven!


X

Hail, O womb of the divine incarnation!
I vow my childhood to your womb of a mother!
I vow to your womb the mother of my mother,
The soul of my grandmother. May she pray for me!

I am a baby in your motherly womb
And eat your flesh and drink your blood, o grace!
In the merciful womb of my motherly God
I’m living with my body and my soul.

O Mary, in your womb lives Jesus Christ
And I with him, and we are twins in your womb!
Your flesh, O Mary, is the flesh of Jesus,
Your blood, O Mary, is the blood of Jesus!

O Mother, you are the mother of the head
And mother of the body and all its members.


XI

Hail, O you through whom creation is renewed!
The winter is nearly gone, the spring comes soon!
The firstborn daffodil comes out of the earth,
The sun is shining bright from a clear blue sky!

The springtime is the melody of my God,
The springtime is the faith of God returning!
God is the spring! God is renewing life!
Again awakens paradise on earth!

Our Lady of Love, you are the garden of God!
Now comes the marriage of heaven and earth!
God sends again the angel to the virgin:
Hail Mary, full of graces, the Lord is with you!

O well-beloved queen of heaven and earth,
I vow to you the coming springtime of love!


XII

Hail, O you through whom the Creator becomes a babe!
Before the beginning was in eternity God
The Heavenly Father in his immortal silence
And God the Logos playing before his Father.

The Logos was the beloved Son of the Father,
A godly child who creates the universe playing!
He plays with the toys of the godlike Ideas in God!
The Logos created the world out of nothingness!

Our Lady of Wisdom, my ideal of love,
You were the female nothingness in the beginning!
Out of your nothingness God created the world!
Since then you are the holy soul of the world!

And then you became a maiden-queen on earth
And the Logos a babe in your holy womb!


XIII

Hail, O bride and maiden ever-pure!
In your resurrection you are eternalised,
Now you are living in eternal youth,
In all your apparitions nineteen years old!

You have the profit of a mythological woman,
You are living in immortal youth!
You are the Immaculate Conception, Mary,
A virgin without any spot of sin!

O heavenly virgin, O eternal virgin,
O maiden-queen of everlasting May!
You are my bride in the mystery of love,
You are my spouse in the mystery of wisdom!

Chaste love in the purity of your maidenhood
Is my eternal pleasure in paradise!


XIV

Hail, O hidden sense of the ineffable plan!
You are the woman of the genesis
And you are the woman of the revelation,
You are the woman in the Spirit of God.

The Lord took the virgin Israel to his bride,
O Mary of Nazareth, you are the daughter Zion.
The Messiah took the church to his bride,
O Mary, you are the idea of the church.

In the beginning the Creator loved
The virgin, the idea of all the creation.
The end is the heavenly marriage
Between Jesus and the virgin Jerusalem.

God created the world for you, O Mary!
You are the bride, the lady, the mistress of God!


XV

Hail, O belief in silence that must be!
The Father before the beginning of all
Was married with the silence, the Mother of all.
Silence was the offspring of all creation.

Jesus in the night of his soul alone
In silence meditates about the Father.
Silence was the power for his marvels,
Silence was the force for his holy passion.

The Spirit of God comes to the believer in silence,
Silence is the Mother of secret wisdom.
In silence is born the love of God and man,
Silence is Mother of unspeakable love.

God in eternity, let me hear in the silence
The music of your love which sounds in silence.


XVI

Hail, O forecast of the marvels of Christ!
Our Lady Mary came to a wedding feast,
And Jesus and his Apostles were also there,
And the Apostles drunk so much of the wine,

Yea, the Apostle Peter loves the wine
And so there was no wine anymore on the feast.
But what without Syrian wine is a wedding feast?
Our Lady saw the problem and spoke to Jesus:

Beloved, work a marvel and show your glory!
And Jesus did what his Mother said to him.
And Jesus made an overflowing measure
Of best red wine to made drunken the wedding guests.

O Lord of Wine and Bridegroom of the wedding!
Your wondrous wine is all my delight and pleasure!


XVII

Hail, O fountainhead of truths concerning Him!
O Mary, when I was a protestant,
I read in the bible day by day, but Mary,
I had not known the Wisdom of the Lord.

But since I love you, virgin of paradise,
You spend me graces over graces, O lady,
And Lady Wisdom came to me in the night,
In the night of my soul the Wisdom, my bride!

You are the virgin-mother of naked Truth!
How can we know the Truth, the naked Truth?
We have to learn the truth by the virgin-mother,
The sevenfold-veiled truth of Lady Wisdom!

On earth the Truth for us is the veiled Truth,
In paradise we will see the naked Truth!


XVIII

Hail, celestial ladder, by whom God came down!
So Jacob laid his head on a stony pillow
And had a vision in his dream of a ladder,
On the top of the ladder stood the Lord.

The Lord came down with thousand, ten thousand angels
And Mary was the ladder, a glistering rainbow,
She was the bridge from heaven to earth
And she is also the bridge from earth to heaven.

The ladder to the Lord is hard do climb!
Saint Francis points to the ladder of Mary,
The virgin takes you in her arms and flies
With eagle wings directly in the sun!

O jump on the ladder of Mary and jump into heaven!
Lay your head down and dream a dream of Mary!


XIX

Hail, O bridge leading earthly ones to heaven!
Once I was in Venice and saw the Rialto.
The rainbow is a bridge between heaven and earth
And the souls of the dead are coming this way.

The bare feet of the virgin stands on the earth,
The veiled head of the virgin is in heaven.
She is heavenly with her godly motherhood,
She walks on earth, a sister of my soul.

The Virgin Mary has the wings of an eagle.
Who wants to fly to God, shall take the wings
Of Mary. Her merciful love is the Paternoster
Of Sainte Therese, the little way for the children.

O winged virgin, take my soul to heaven!
I long with burning desire for paradise!


XX

Hail, O wonder, ever-thrilling to the angels!
When you went into the city of heaven,
The angels were silent, and trembling for joy and delight,
So beautiful a lady has never been seen!

You are a wonder of beauty, Our Lady of Love,
Your breasts which suck the Prince of Peace, are bright!
The beams of your eyes are streaming through all the heavens,
The seraphim and the cherubim become blind!

Your naked soul is full of wondrous goodness,
Your linen is woven out of charity works.
God set on your head the crown of heavenly beauty,
He said: O woman, help the souls on earth!

While I am in the purgatory of sadness,
Your beauty in paradise is my consolation.


XXI

Hail, O wound, ever-hurting to the demons!
Under the cross you stood, the sword in your heart,
Yea, seven swords in your immaculate heart,
You felt the wounded heart of Jesus Christ.

My heart was also pierced by seven swords
And all the blood runs out of my wounded heart,
But with the wound of my lovesick heart I’ve touched
The wounded heart of Jesus, his sacred heart.

And this your wounded heart, in my heart bleeding,
Had overcome the evil spirit of death
And sin and Satan in the heart of my girlfriend,
So that she left the earth in the grace of Jesus.

And now I pray to your wounded heart, o Mary,
That you may overcome the she-devil Lilith!


XXII

Hail, O you who gave birth to light ineffably!
Saint Brigitte of Sweden had seen a vision:
You, Mary, had been kneeling in the grotto
In Bethlehem, worshipping God the Lord,

And a crystal beam of light came from heaven
Into the grotto of Bethlehem and you
Had been hovering over the ground in a cloud
And so you gave birth to the dark light of the Lord.

Jesus is the light of the world, this babe
Of Bethlehem is the dark light of the Lord.
He is the sun of justice and under his wings
We find healing for our wounded souls.

O mother of light, give birth to this light in my heart,
That God may enlighten my melancholic soul!


XXIII

Hail, O you who told no-one how it was done!
Even Salome who touched your body
To proof if you are still a virgin, mother,
Even Salome did not understand.

You had been virgin before you gave birth,
You had been virgin when you gave birth
And virgin after you had given birth,
You are the ever-virgin, Mother of God.

It is a wonder, that a mother gave birth
And stayed a virgin, this is a mystery.
Mother you are for the humanity of Jesus,
Virgin you are for the divinity of Christ.

Ever-Virgin, Mother of the true God,
My resurrected body I vow to thy Hymen.


XXIV

Hail, O you who surpass the wisdom of the wise!
Though Plato saw the glance of the heavenly Venus,
Homer saw the glance of the blue-eyed Athena,
Plotin saw the angel-spirit of God,

They had no vision of the Lady Wisdom.
The heathen sought wisdom, but the Wisdom of God
Reveals herself in the folly of preaching the cross,
The crucified Christ is the maniac folly of God!

Wiser than the wisdom of the wise,
O Virgin Mary, you are the super-wisdom!
But I, a fool in Christ, how can I praise you,
Devoted to you in the folly of my heart,

How can I sing you, a lunatic maniac?
Sick of love, I devote myself to Dame Folly!


XXV

Hail, O you who enlighten faithful minds!
I was sitting and meditating under a fig tree
And enlightenment came into the emptiness
Of my spirit, I knew: Life is full of pain

And God in his humanity feels the pain of life
And fills the pain of life with his wounded heart
And transforms the pain of life to redemption
And died the death of mankind, of all creature!

And I in my pain shall be united with God
And bear the cross of my redeemer until death
And die myself the death of the god-man Christ!
Then I will resurrect in the passion of love!

O Mary, you had enlighten my mind with the wisdom
Of the redeeming power of pain and death!


XXVI

Hail, O bride and maiden ever-pure!
Now I am fifty years old, my beloved,
A time when a man loves the graces in their youth,
Young beautiful maidens in the charm of their grace!

And you are nineteen years old, virgin bride,
In all your apparitions nineteen years old
And beautiful, full of the charm of all the graces,
Pure spotless beauty in eternal youth!

And when I die, my soul flies into heaven,
After purgatory had transformed me,
Then I will be a young man, nineteen years old
And beautiful, in all the power of life!

Then will I marry you, o maiden ever-fair,
And live with you in eternal marriage!
 

XXVII

Hail, O tendril whose bud shall not wilt!
Once I was in France in a lovely vineyard,
I saw a tendril hanging full of clusters
Like a child-bearing woman full of hope.

Your bud is ever fresh, O ever-virgin!
The women of the world are like the grass,
Green and full of buds in the freshest morning,
But withered in the evening-time and dying.

You freshest bud of a green and fruitful tendril,
You are the grace of the youth in serenity!
Thousand graces are sitting on your eye-lids!
I will dance with you, my youthful grace!

Ever-virgin in immortal youth,
I love the glance of the bud of your gracious body!


XXVIII

Hail, O soil whose fruit shall never perish!
You are the soil which became fruitful without seed!
You are the Mother Earth, the fruitful mother,
Black Mother Earth with all her seas and streams.

The fruit of your womb is the living Word of God,
The Word of God became flesh in your womb,
The bread of the earth becomes the body of Christ,
The wine of the vineyard becomes the blood of Jesus.

Our Father, give us our daily bread and wine!
We want to taste how sweet the Word of God is!
I am so much in love with the Lady Wisdom
As I had drunk her blood and eaten her flesh!

The fruit of the fruitful mother shall never perish,
O, show me soon in heaven the fruit of your womb!


XXIX

Hail, O tender of mankind's loving tender!
Mary, you gave Jesus the milk of love,
You gave him the milk and honey of motherly mercy,
He sucked your breasts and you gave him the wine of wisdom.

Now Jesus gives us the communion of his body
And lets us drink from the cup of his wine-red blood.
We are nourished by the milk of his wisdom
And the bitterly wine of his passion of love!

Jesus is my mother and from his breasts
I suck Eternal Wisdom in her beauty!
Jesus is a hen and we are his chicken,
Jesus gathers us under his motherly wings.

Mary, when I drink the wine of the blood,
It seems to me, I drink the milk of your breasts!


XXX

Hail, O gardener of the gardener of life!
I saw a garden in the latest winter,
I saw a redbreast singing in the willow,
It was a day of storm and rain and frost.

But the female prophet said to me:
God is near his beloved even in winter,
But in springtime God is the holy love,
And heavenly paradise is eternal summer!

I sigh to you, O would it be truth
That in the garden Eden of paradise
There are virgins waiting on me in the tent,
Youthful brides with great breasts to love me in Eden!

The gardens of paradise are beautiful,
Even more beautiful than the garden of Huris!


XXXI

Hail, O Earth who yielded abundant mercies!
You are the black and watery Mother Earth,
You are the soul of the holy Mother Nature,
You are the female face of the sacred World’s Soul.

You are the female spirit of creation,
You are the female idea of humanity,
As the ideal of humanity
You said yes to the Lord, to the Father creator.

You said yes to the spirit of the creator
And so humanity is redeemed by the Lord.
You are the teacher of Christian humanism,
You are the teacher of catholic feminism.

You are the mother and queen of the universe,
Daughter and bride and mother of God.

 

 

NEW SONNETS TO MARY


SONNET I

Holy Mary, I want to kiss your feet!
O Lady, can I kiss your naked feet?
How sweet is your laughing and how gentle your look,
You say: Yes, beloved, kiss my feet!

Your mantle is blue like a clear blue sky in springtime
And your clothes are rosy like a rose.
Your hair is black and flows like a cataract,
Your lovely eyes are blue like the ocean of bliss.

I kneel down before you, holy Mary,
And kiss your feet with love and burning desire.
I feel the flesh of your feet, your tender skin.
Now give me your blessing, and bless my brother in Christ,

Who as a protestant had preached your song
And had praised you as “full of the Word of God”.


SONNET II

Holy Mother of God, what shall I do?
You’re weeping and your tears are red like blood.
What shall I do for you, O holy mother?
I do what you want, but speak a word to me.

I want to give comfort to your wounded heart,
I want to give a consolation to you
And dry up your tears, O holy Mother of God!
The passion of your weeping stirs me up!

Shall I go in the school of Lady Wisdom?
Shall I receive the holy communion of Christ?
Shall I pray a prayer of love to God?
Shall I give a testimony of God’s mercy?

All with you, through you, for you and in you!
But dry up your tears, O holy Mother of God!


SONNET III

Most honoured of virgins, bless my virginity!
As I became a Christian through my conversion,
I decided to live as a virgin for God,
I took you as a spouse for my Christian soul.

I left the concubine of the lust of my youth
And went in solitude to pray to God.
I left my father and my brother at home,
God is my father and Jesus is my brother.

Now show me a community of Christian believers
Who live in the love of the disciples of Jesus!
The solitude makes sick my lunatic soul,
I’m searching for a friend in Jesus Christ.

But beware that I left you, virgin of virgins!
Take my hand and walk with me on earth!


SONNET IV

Mother of Christ, I want to sing the fidelity,
You are the love of me for evermore.
In the Holy Spirit you are my love,
My beloved in time and eternity.

The women of Canaan and her children
Speak the language of the Canaanites.
The hearts of the heathen are tired and dark and dead,
They are not in the love of Jesus Christ.

But your immaculate heart, O Mother of Christ,
Is full of the fire of burning love’s passion!
Your love’s passion is my eternal bliss
And your passionate heart is my pleasure in heaven!

I swear fidelity to the immaculate heart
Of Mary, the Mother of Christ, the Mother of God!


SONNET V

Mother of the church, the church has preached
The return of the Logos to the world,
Awake, my heart, the Bridegroom is coming soon,
Jesus is coming to the wedding feast!

Mother church has preached in the Spirit to me:
Prophecy! Teach wisdom! Speak in tongues!
Taste the sweetness of the name of Jesus!
Rejoice in the Holy Spirit and live the virtues!

Mother church has preached the way of Saint Francis:
Think not earthly! Erect your head to heaven!
Overcome the temptation of sinful flesh!
Overcome the demon of your ego!

When holy mother church is preaching, o Mary,
I hear your voice, your voice of love and joy!


SONNET VI

Mother of grace divine, I know the truth
That anger lives in the bosom of the fool!
You said to me: Look at the wheat that is growing already
And let the weed not steal your peace of mind!

I know the dark and foolish hearts of the heathen,
The folly of mankind is without measure!
They do not pray to God but to evil spirits
And have not the love of God in their bosom living.

But don’t be afraid, my soul, ‘cause Mary loves you!
O Mother of grace divine, your tender heart
Is full of holy knowledge and burning love!
You let me hear the harmony of the spheres,

You let me see the beauty of liturgy
And understand the meaning of the bible.


SONNET VII

Mother most pure, I’m like a violet
And live in the deepest shade, but my fragrance is sweet.
My cell is between the houses of the citizens
And nobody knows how sweet I’m singing my songs.

Now I will give a comfort to my soul,
My soul is melancholic and lunatic,
Great is the desolation of my soul,
And sadness seems to be the wife of my soul.

O Mother most pure, I’m looking for good books,
Cause who can consolation bring like the poets?
The vision of beauty gives comfort to my soul,
And mystical wisdom gives comfort to my spirit.

I wear the ring of mystical marriage,
And you are my comrade on the ways on earth.


SONNET VIII

Mother of chaste love, I vow to you
The soul of my girlfriend who is in purgatory
Or already in the paradise of the heavens
And is my guardian angel on the earth.

I wandered trough the streets in rain and storm
And saw in visions my female guardian angel.
She made me a wonderful present, a faithful book
With letters from Saint Hildegard from Bingen.

The city I live in is my female bride,
I saw my female comrade in all the gardens
And streets and houses and churches of the city.
Here she had lived with me in the folly of love!

Now she is wandering through the heavenly city
With all the myriads of angels and saints in God!


SONNET IX

written for Cecco

Mother and virgin, I vow to you the poets,
They who love so only poets know to love,
The ladies of their love are perfect beauties,
But do not love the lovesick poets of love.

Their fathers and their mother understand not
The poets in their poverty on earth.
The poets get a rent from Mother Charity,
They eat ashes and drink the cup of tears.

They are children of God and love the children,
And see the God-child in the eyes of the children.
They are weeping bears loving Lady Lilja
And only caress the little children of Lilja.

But they praise the Wisdom of God in sonnets,
In the hour of their death the angels sing their songs.


SONNET X

Sinless Mother, I vow to you the children
Which have the psychic illness auf autism.
They are more intelligent than others
And genii in the matter of mathematics.

When they receive the grace of baptism, O grace,
They know in their mind the intelligence of God.
O mother, let them hear the voice of God
And spend them the knowledge of the holy church.

The Holy Spirit may work in their sensitive spirits
And may let them see the crystal throne in heaven.
How exact is the mathematic of all,
The Logos exactly creates the universes.

Bless them with super-natural intelligence,
O Virgin Mary, throne of Eternal Wisdom!


SONNET XI

Dearest of mothers, I vow to you the house
Of my Pentecostal brothers and sisters
And their beautiful garden with the willow
And the redbreast (or shall I say, the robin).

Mother of Jesus and also mother of Christians,
The Holy Spirit said to me in the mess:
There are protestant Christians full of grace,
More obedient to God than lukewarm Catholics.

I bid you, bless the mother and the children
And bless the father who is my brother and friend.
May Jesus fill them with the Holy Spirit,
The Spirit bless them with a passion for God!

You said: When Christians don’t love me, the Mother of Christ,
You shall speak about Jesus, the crucified Lord.


SONNET XII

Model of motherhood and idea of women,
I saw as a female being the angel of France.
She was the loving soul of the city of Paris,
Beautiful as the goddess of harmony.

I saw her in the reddish cloth of love,
I saw her black hair like the mantle of mother night,
I saw her white skin like ivory or snow,
She was the angel of beauty in Love’s own country.

I did not know if she was living or dead,
I did not nor if she was a ghost or flesh,
I did not know if she was an angel or goddess,
I did not know if she were a saint or a whore.

O Virgin Mary, I vow to you the land of France
And the city of Paris and all its women.


SONNET XIII

Mother of good counsel, you said to the servants:
Do what Jesus Christ is telling you.
So you transformed through almighty intercession
The human water into the wine divine.

There is no more joy in my sad and maddened heart,
O mother of the wine, please pray for me.
The bridegroom may come with the divine cup of you
And fill my heart to the brim with the wine of love!

There was a marriage once in the village Cana
And Mary was there, because she is the bride.
Almighty princess of almighty intercession,
Fill my lovesick soul with the wine of joy!

You are my bride, Our Lady of the vineyard,
I will suck the best red wine of your breasts!


SONNET XIV

Mother of our Creator, the prophet said:
Rejoice with her, oh ye who were sad in mind,
Suck the milk of motherly consolation
From the glory of her abundant breasts!

God the Creator will give comfort to my soul.
How does the Lord God comforts my maddened spirit?
He shows me in the mess the Mother of God
And said: I will comfort you like a mother.

Yea, God the Father loves me like a mother!
The mercy of his womb is my merciful mother!
God’s eternal wisdom is my bride!
His tenderly love embraces my innermost life!

God is the power of being, the wisdom, the love,
The Nature of the Godhead is my mother!


SONNET XV

Mother of our Saviour, the nature
Is fallen in a deep sleep in the time of winter.
Mother Nature lies in her bed and dreams
Surrealistic dreams and fantasies.

And I am also sunken in a trance.
The medicine of the doctor makes me sleep.
All my pains are softened in the trance,
And I am sleeping till my hour of death.

But then will awaken nature and my soul,
And eternal life will come at eastern,
And in the rising of the whole creation
I too will rise with body and with soul.

Then will come hot summer of paradise
And I am in love with the soul of Mother Nature.


SONNET XVI

Virgin most wise, please show m the Trinity
Of the Godhead, O virgin most wise,
I saw in my morning prayer the godly mercy,
The maternal mercy, the womb of God.

And then I saw the grace, the youthful grace,
The grace was the daughter of God, by him alone,
Like a young maiden full of light and beauty,
She wants to unite her beauty with my soul.

And then I saw the fidelity of God,
And in the fidelity of God I knew,
That God is a bridal Godhead of marriage
And of never-ending love and unity.

I vow my soul to you, O virgin most wise,
And to the godly mercy and grace and fidelity.


SONNET XVII

Virgin rightly praised, I bless the woman
Who is a pastor of the Lutheran church.
I see her face and eyes and hair in my mind,
She is an icon of the heavenly grace.

In the catholic church, your church, o Mary,
The Catholics looked upon me like upon an alien.
My hair is long, my beard is long and grey,
My clothes are old and torn like the cloth of a beggar.

But the female pastor smiled and said:
Welcome, my brother, I hope to see you soon,
I want to speak with you about the bible
And pray with you and eat a supper at eve.

I call her in my mind already Hananjah.
I vow the woman to your Immaculate Heart.


SONNET XVIII

Virgin rightly renowned, today was the feast-day
Of Saint Valentine, I walked the way
To my muse and saw a first crocus flower
Near my little forest and plucked the flower.

First messenger of long sighed for spring-time, hail!
Speak the love-warm greetings to my lady!
Sweet little flower, how young you are, how pure!
Now I offer you as a victim of love!

Blessed be Our Lady of the crocuses!
Blessed be Our Lady of coming spring!
Blessed be the virgin in the sun!
Blessed be Mary, hovering on the clouds!

Mary said: When you prey, beloved children,
Then you are my pretty flowers of spring!


SONNET XIX

Virgin most powerful, I heard a word
Called “Shangri-la” and my muse spoke thoughtful to me:
It is some sort of paradise. Do you know it?
If a man knows paradise, my friend, so you.

Really, Shangri-la is in the region
Of the Himalaya in the Land of Tibet
And is a community of mystical monks
Living far away from the world in silence.

In Shangri-la they read the Utopia
Of Saint Thomas Morus and books of other saints.
They reign over their passions with apathy
And wait in patience for the apocalyptic Saviour.

I see, O virgin most powerful, you are the queen
And mistress of the community of Shangri-la.


SONNET XX

Virgin gentle in mercy, I had a gift
Of sweetest love for my little married lady,
A scarlet rose, the queen of all the flowers.
God, take all from me, but not this rose!

I had a gift for my holy Lady in Heaven,
Fifty roses of the rosary,
I prayed all the pearls of the sacred mysteries,
I laid the red roses to your bare feet.

The devil is playing with my little lady
And evil spirits are like a plague around her.
O heavenly Goddess, I vow to you my lady,
Receive her in the mantle of your womb.

But I see Mary as an heavenly Goddess
And angels singing sweet songs of love to her.


SONNET XXI

Faithful virgin, the God of gods is speaking
In the bible and in the holy church
And in the silence of morning prayer to me
And oftentimes at morning in my dreams.

The godly Wisdom of the holy gods
Is coming to me, and I will tell all my dreams,
The dreams early at morning are prophetic
And are dark oracles of Pythia’s spirit.

I pray to the Spirit of the holy gods,
O touch me softly and tenderly, finger of God,
And make me listen to the sound of the voice,
That I am Echo for the Word of God.

The holy Father wants the songs of my love
For Mary, my heavenly muse and sacred ideal.


SONNET XXII

Mirror of justice, I thank you for the music,
She is my friend in the midnight of solitude,
The voice of consolation in loneliness,
Gives comfort to the sadness of my soul.

There is music from the cult of Bacchus
And the drama of the maniac madness,
And there is music clear as the clear Apollo
And full of holiness of faithful wisdom.

There is the classic music of the north,
Of Germany’s soul and also Russia’s soul,
And there is sensual music of the south
And the erotic rhythms of Africa.

O Mary, you are the queen of harmony,
And the spheres sound praises to you, o Goddess.


SONNET XXIII

Throne of wisdom, I laid my head on a stone
And slept, and in my sleep I had a vision,
I saw from earth to heaven a golden ladder
And thousands of angels hovering up and down,

And on the top of the ladder I saw Our Lady.
And I prayed in the vision of my dream:
O Lord, our works can never enter heaven,
May the prayer of Mary open us heaven!

The Virgin Mary was a pearly queen,
And the angels called her gate of heaven.
Sweeter than in the lap of Abraham
Is eternal life in the lap of Mary.

And the angels called the Virgin Mary:
Our Lady is the paradise of God!


SONNET XXIV

Cause of our joy, the true church is in Mary,
The virgin-mother is the idea of the church.
And all the sons and daughters of mother church
Are sucking from the abundant breasts of Mary

And suck from the breasts of Mary the milk of comfort
And suck the law of God and the gospel of Jesus
And suck the honey of a skilful tongue
And suck the old delicious wine of mystical union.

But the heretics and their female priests
Want to suck milk from the manly breast of Luther.
There are not the streams of milk and honey
And not the wine of mystical union with God.

God’s church is verily virgin and verily mother
And not a man, who thought himself wiser than Wisdom.


SONNET XXV

Shrine of the Spirit, give me the joy of the Spirit,
Because you are the consolation of the troubled.
Adam was alone and God gave Adam
Lady Heartache as his married wife.

The devil is trying to steal all joy
Out of my heart, and the sons and daughters
Of the devil tear in pieces my heart,
But you, O virgin, will overcome the devil.

The Lord may send to me a female angel
Of consolation and of new power of live,
So that I can begin a new way of life
In the Christian community and the Church.

I vow to you my plan of a new life of faith,
I vow to you the renewal of my heart.


SONNET XXVI

Glory of Israel, the firstborn flower
Of the coming spring is the little crocus,
This flower is a gift of Mother Earth,
A sign of the time: Life is coming back!

God may give me the grace of God’s own patience,
Cause without patience there is no wisdom of the heart.
Only little boys want all things suddenly,
Unripe souls they are, unwisely fools.

New life is coming, but be patient, my soul,
Bear your daily sickness with patience.
Do not cry so loud for an early death,
There are yet works God prepared for you.

In all things vow yourself totally to the virgin,
Be a slave to your queen at the court of God!


SONNET XXVII

Vessel of selfless devotion, I vow to you
A girl I met in the early days of my youth.
I’d sang the blues-song: I’m a fool no more –
And then she came like a beam of light from heaven.

She stayed one evening, one night with me,
And I sung a sonnet of love for her:
I like it when a virtue has a lap,
And I like it when a lap has virtue.

I loved her beautiful face, her blue-eyed look,
Her golden hair and her body in my arms,
And as I slept between her breasts I saw
A paradise of heavenly strawberry-fields.

Bless her body, O mother of chaste love,
And bless her soul, O queen of heavenly grace!


SONNET XXVIII

Mystical rose, I visited yesterday
Some Christians round about a female priest
Of the Lutheran church and we spoke about
Paul’s letter to the church of Ephesus.

O Mother of God, how great you are, how high,
You have born in virginity our Lord and God!
How deep was your humility, O Mary,
When you lived with Saint John in Ephesus!

Living on the mount of nightingales
You received from John the communion.
In later times the church of Ephesus
Praised you as Mother of God, Great Mother of God!

I thank you, Mother, for the Christian people,
I’ve felt their brotherhood and charity.


SONNET XXIX

Tower of David, I saw in a mystical mirror
A woman, oh what a woman, a real woman!
A youthful mother of little children she was,
A female beauty in her body’s perfection!

I saw her breasts when she was lying in bed,
Snow-white breasts with rosins of purple nipples,
Her hair was red, her face was white like snow,
Her blue-eyed charming looks were lightings from heaven!

She was on a way to search the truth,
She asked the Sufi-masters in the desert,
She danced a mystical dance, she felled in trance,
And then she wept tears of sorrowful love,

And the Sufi said: The tears are from God,
Now you can find your soul, and God in your soul.


SONNETS TO JESUS

SONNET I

Jesus, Son of the living God, my treasure,
You has loved me with everlasting love,
You have loved my so dearly, my sweet darling,
I thank you for your un-measurable love!

I am yours, a stone in your house of stones,
I am yours, a pillar in your temple.
I will sing your name, your highest name,
Help me to sing your name, your sweet name Jesus.

I am in you, so I am a son of God,
You are the godly Child, I am a child,
I am seven years old and you are my friend,
I want to play with you on the face of the earth.

O love me day by day and night by night
And I will sing you sweet sonnets of love.


SONNET II

Jesus, splendour of the Father, you are
The mercy of God, God’s bosom, God’ womb,
God’s myriad wombs, full of mercy and pity,
You are love, O Lord, you are merciful love!

I had lost my grandmother, my beloved,
I have lost my girlfriend, my darling, my sweet-heart,
I have lost the little boy who loved me
(I had seen your holy face in the eyes of the boy)

And now I’m lonely, sad, my heart is weeping,
But you, O merciful Jesus, you come to me,
And I heard your voice, you said: I love you
And I believe in you, O Josef Maria Mayer,

You are great in my eyes, you are nearly god-like,
All because of my merciful love and grace.


SONNETS TO LADY WISDOM

I

DEEP UNKNOWN WISDOM

The man is digging a tunnel into the earth
And climbs down into the hole of deepest darkness.
His feet has no ground anymore to stand upon,
He hovers in emptiness and nothingness.

There is a fire in the womb of the earth
And grain is growing on the face of mother earth.
There is gold and silver in the earth
And gold and silver is refined by the fire.

Wisdom is more precious than gold and jade,
Is more precious than crystals and glasses.
But even in the realms of the shades of the dead
Lady Wisdom has not been found by man.

Only God knows the way to the Lady Wisdom.
To do good works, this is the Wisdom of God.


II

WISDOM HOVERING IN THE ETHER

Lady Wisdom came out of the mouth of God
And hovered in the spheres of the heavenly ether.
Her throne was on a pillar of clouds,
She hovered over the sea and mother earth.

She visited all the nations of the earth
And sought, in which nation she can build her house.
The Lord said: Build your house in the fields of Jacob,
Build your holy temple on the mount Zion.

Lady Wisdom preached in the liturgy
Of the holy mother Jerusalem.
She smells like incense, the prayers of the saints,
The faithful drink of her wine and thirst for her!

The name of Lady Wisdom is sweeter than honey,
She is pretty as the rose of Jericho.


III

I SOUGHT LADY WISDOM IN MY YOUTH

When I was young and had not wandered
Through the lands of the nations with a lusty girlfriend,
I prayed in the temples of the faithful communities
And thought for Lady Wisdom in my prayer.

She is found only in purity of the heart,
The child with the pure heart will see her beauty!
She is like a vineyard full of vines,
She is like the vines full of swelling clusters!

She opened the door of heaven for me and came
To me in her heavenly grace, a youthful beauty.
She took my heart out of my bosom and gave me
A burning heart and a new tongue to praise her holy!

Now come to me, ye woman and man who thirst
For Wisdom, I will teach you the wisdom of heart.


IV

WISDOM, THE CHILD OF GOD

I had a vision of the Eternal Wisdom
In the beginning, before all time and space,
She played as a beloved child before the Father,
His beloved child and sweetest darling!

Before the suns were exploding in the sky
And the oceans roll on the face of the earth,
Eternal Wisdom was begotten by God,
I said begotten, but not created by God.

The childish Wisdom plays with the nothingness
And build according to the ideas in the Spirit
The “prima materia”, atoms and elements,
And as an architect build the universe.

O darling of God, your great desire was
To live and play on earth with the sons of Adam!


V

LADY WISDOM AND DAME FOLLY

Lady Wisdom build her sacred temple
And grounded her temple on seven pillars of virtues.
Then she send her servants, her lovely handmaids,
To invite the people to the meal in her temple.

The lovely young handmaids said to the people: Come
To the wedding of Wisdom in the temple!
She spends you her flesh, delicious meat of the lamb,
And blood-red wine in overflowing measures!

Dame Folly is the ape of Lady Wisdom,
She invites the thieves to her stolen bread.
Dame Folly herself is a thief and always chatting,
She speaks loudly to man, but she knows nothing!

Be silent, Dame Folly, then you will be wise.
But I myself prefer the Lady Wisdom.


VI 

THE GIFTS OF WISDOM

When you are looking for the manly virtues,
Bid Lady Wisdom, and she gives you virtue,
She gives you fortitude and intelligence
And chastity and purity of the heart.

When you want to be an artist to work
Excellent works of beauty in the world,
Bid Lady Wisdom, she will be your muse,
She will inspire you with the Holy Spirit.

When you want to understand the nature,
The beginning and the goal of creation,
The spirit of love who lives in the World’s Soul,
Bid Lady Wisdom, she will open your eyes.

She is the queen of all the universes
And makes men to prophets and friends of God.


VII

WISDOM, MY BRIDE

I am fallen in love with the perfect beauty
Of Lady Wisdom, and I searched for her
And her loving heart for unity,
For loving communion and mystical union.

Before I asked Lady Wisdom: Do you
Want to be my bride in mystical marriage?
She came to me from Heaven above and said:
Do you want to be my bridegroom, beloved?

The worldly love and lust brings nothing but pain
And burning desire torments the heart of the lover,
But the mystical union with Lady Wisdom
Brings peace for the soul and sweet eternal rest.

You are my passion, my beloved, o Wisdom,
You are my darling and my mystical bride.


VIII

PRAYER TO GOD, THE SOURCE OF WISDOM

The weakness of my body, my tired senses
Are a heavy burden on my soul.
I do not understand what happens on earth,
How can I understand divine things in heaven?

O Yahweh, you are the eternal source of wisdom,
You are the leader of the friends of wisdom,
Send to me the Wisdom from above,
She, who sits at the right hand of your throne.

Yes, I love the Lady Charity,
But love, O Lord, is always full of pain,
So better send the Lady Wisdom to me
And my sad soul will be satisfied, O Lord.

May Lady Wisdom come from the holy altar
Into my soul’s depth and live there for ever!


IX

WISDOM, MY COMRADE

In the time Adam was lonely in paradise
And Eve was not yet created out of his rip,
Lady Wisdom was his soul-mate, his comrade,
She was his immaculate bride in his un-fallen state.

In the time Abraham had to offer his son
And had to act against his loving heart,
Lady Wisdom gave him courage and power
And comforted softly the loving heart of the father.

In the time Josef was proofed by the Egyptian wife,
And because he was chaste, he came in prison,
Lady Wisdom was with him in prison and gave him
The gift, to know by intuition the meaning of dreams.

In the time Moses climbed on the Mount Sinai,
Lady Wisdom revealed him the Virgin Torah.


X

GOD GAVE ISRAEL WISDOM

The Greeks with their heroes and warriors did  not know
The way to the holy house of Lady Wisdom,
And the tradesman and warriors of Arab
Did only know the earthly wisdom, not the celestial.

The almighty God gave Lady Wisdom
Jacob, his servant, and Israel, his beloved.
Only God knows the way to Lady Wisdom
And he whom God reveals the mystery.

Lady Wisdom is the book of the bible,
Lady Wisdom is the Virgin Torah,
Go in her light the way of life, o Jacob,
You are blessed, cause God has revealed his will.

Then Lady Wisdom is appeared on earth
And has spoken in the Messiah Jesus.


XI

HEAVENLY WISDOM

If someone needs the Wisdom from above,
He shall pray, and the Spirit gives him grace.
The Wisdom from above, the heavenly Wisdom,
Wisdom from the beginning, is nothing but peace.

But there is another wisdom, a worldly wisdom,
A sensual wisdom and a demonic wisdom,
And the reign of this demonic wisdom is strife,
Is jealousy and hate and bitterness.

The demonic wisdom, the wisdom of Eve,
Is inspired by the devil Lucifer,
The wisdom from above, the wisdom of Mary,
Is inspired by the Holy Ghost.

Follow, my soul, the heavenly Wisdom of Mary
And you will find peace and rest for your troubled heart.


XII

GOD’S FOLLY

The masters of worldly wisdom did not know
The hidden mystery of the Wisdom of God.
God has revealed the mystery of his Wisdom
In the folly of the crucified Lord.

God’s folly is more wise than the philosophers,
God’s weakness is stronger than the power of men.
God blesses his holy people with foolish sermons.
If you want to be wise, you must become a fool,

A fool in Christ, the crucified Lord, ‘cause Jesus
Is the Wisdom and the Power of God.
He is the hidden Wisdom for the saints,
Holy Wisdom, preached to the perfect Christians.

God’s folly, the crucified Lord Jesus Christ,
Is the hidden mystery of Lady Wisdom.


XIII

ATHENA

She is the inspiration of the wise,
She is the intuition of the patient,
She is the holy intelligence of God
And heavenly wisdom and the mother of arts.

She came as an holy mother to Telemach
And inspired him to search his father.
She came in the feature of a wise old man
And spoke with human tongue to the heart of the young one.

She came as an holy soul-mate to Ulysses
And was his mistress and his female leader.
She helped him on the pilgrimage of his soul
And  was his guardian angel on the way.

She was the blue-eyed daughter of the highest God,
Begotten as a virgin in the mind of God.


XIV

URANIA

There is a Venus of sensuality,
A Venus of earthly pleasure and fleshly lust,
The handmaids of this goddess are the whores,
The sacred prostitutes in the temple of Venus.

But there is also a Venus in the heavens,
Urania, the goddess of heavenly love.
She is the highest idea of perfect beauty
And mistress of pure and spiritual love.

She is the aim of pure platonic love,
The aim of beauty-loving philosophers.
She is the Mother of Eros who leads
Philosophers to the vision of heavenly beauty.

Urania was the mistress of Plato and Plotin,
The heavenly wisdom of intellectual love.


XV

VIRGIN TORAH, MY BRIDE

Before all time and space was Virgin Torah
Near God, and when God made the creation of all,
He looked in the holy book of the Virgin Torah,
She is the idea, the world is her shade.

The man who lives in virginity for the kingdom
Of the heavens shall took the Holy Scripture
As his girlfriend, as his intimate soul-mate
And study her clothes, her body, her soul and mind.

The dress of the bible is her literal sense,
Her naked body is her personal moral,
Her soul is the spiritual meaning of the word,
And her mind is the eternal name of God.

The scribe may become a bridegroom of the bible,
Baal-Shem his name, the bridegroom of the name!


XVI

SHEKINAH, THE BRIDE

The eternal king in his heavenly palace
Lives with his daughter, princess Shekinah.
Sometimes she shows herself at the open window,
That the sons of Israel could see her face.

The eternal king  in heaven above
Searches a bridegroom for his lovely daughter.
He who marries the princess Shekinah
Will be for the heavenly king a son-in-law.

When the scribe, the priest, the wise or the Rabbi
Sees at the window the face of the heavenly princess,
He falls in love with the daughter of heaven’s king
And wishes to marry the godly Shekinah.

She is the pearl, the wise man found in the sea,
In the marriage she will spend him her pearl.


XVII

BRIDEGROOM JEHOVAH AND BRIDE SHEKINAH

The unknown and hidden God-head is the En-Sof,
The God-head reveals herself in qualities.
One quality of the God-head is Jehovah,
Another quality of the God-head is Shekinah.

The Lord Jehovah is the bridegroom in heaven
And godly Shekinah is the bride on earth.
Their mystic marriage or their Hierosgamos
Sounds in the song of songs of Solomon.

The Lord Jehovah is the beloved in heaven
And Shekinah is the beautiful girlfriend on earth.
It is a mystical marriage in the God-head,
The mystical union in the God-head of love,

A marriage between the godly Spirit
And the godly Nature in mystical union.


XVIII

EVER-VIRGIN TORAH

The philosopher shall not desire a woman
Who is married with another man.
Save your soul and commit not adultery, man,
Adultery is a deadly sin for your soul.

Love not the woman of another man,
But love the Virgin Torah in her youth!
She is lovely and gracious like a roe,
She is beautiful like an hind on the hill.

Why is the virgin lovely like an hind?
Cause she is the ever-virgin Torah,
Even for the fifty years old scribe
She is fresh like a maiden of sixteen years!

After twenty years of marriage
With the scribe she is yet a youthful virgin.


XIX

THREEFOLD WISDOM

There is a Wisdom of the eternal Father,
This is the wisdom who creates the world,
She is the beginning, the ground of all,
She is called Creatrix ex nihilo!

There is a Wisdom of the Logos, the son,
This is the wisdom who redeemed the world,
She revealed herself in the folly of the cross,
She shall be praised as Salvatrix mundi!

There is a Wisdom of the Holy Ghost,
She revealed herself in the heart of Mary,
She is the dove of love, she is the fire of love,
She is called Consolatrix afflictorum!

This is the threefold Wisdom, three-in-one,
This is one godly nature of Lady Wisdom!


XX

MISTRESS PHILOSOPHY IN PRISON

When the philosopher was in prison imprisoned,
Mistress Philosophy came at midnight to him.
He sat in darkness, she was shimmering bright
And brought to him the consolation of wisdom:

You are a victim of the evil in the world,
The evil seems to be mighty in the kings,
But don’t be afraid: The evil is nothing!
The evil is only the lack of the godly good!

All human beings in the world seek luck,
They seek lust and beauty and happiness.
What they desire, if they knew it or not,
Is the highest good of eternal bliss.

O philosopher, you are created by God
And destined for eternal bliss in heaven!


XXI

MISTRESS THEOLOGY

The poet saw in a vision the world beyond,
He saw hell and purgatory and heaven.
His Mistress Theology leads the poet’s soul
Through the hands of his master, manly reason.

Manly reason leads him through hell and further
Through purgatory into the garden of Eden.
There appears his Mistress Theology
And said to the poet of love: Repent, repent!

And Mistress Theology leads the poet’s soul
Through the seven heavens of paradise,
Till he saw the mystical rose, Saint Mary,
In this rose was the throne of his beautiful mistress.

And the poet saw the divinity
Of Charity who leads the universe!


XXII

THE MINSTREL AND HIS LADY WISDOM

A monk heard in his cloister at the table
The biblical readings of Lady Wisdom, and he
Fall in love with the divinity of this Lady
And became her lover and her minstrel.

The worldly women, he loved once, were only thorns,
And Lady Wisdom, the mystical rose of heaven,
Had saved the man from love of earthly woman,
Had spared his heart for her immortal love.

In his older years Eternal Wisdom
Mad him one with the crucified Lord, the union
With Lady Wisdom was the union with Christ,
And the lover of Wisdom was crucified

In the imitation of Jesus Christ,
Lady Wisdom became flesh in Jesus Christ.


XXIII

LADY CHARITY

A nun saw Lady Charity in heaven,
She was queen over all the universe,
She was a maiden-queen of perfect beauty
And held in her hand the holy scripture of God.

Lady Charity was in the heart of all,
In the precious stones with healing power,
In flowers and woods and fields as life,
In animals as instinct, in man as reason.

Lady Charity, lying in the bed
Of God, was married with God in mystical union.
The nun saw Charity as a virgin-mother,
And sucking at her breasts the Son of God.

Since the fallen angels lost their thrones,
Lady Charity had thrones for men.


XXIV

HEAVENLY BEAUTY

A poet had a vision of heavenly beauty
And saw the heavenly sphere of the ideas
And above the sphere of the ideas the sphere
Of the nine choirs of angels, spirits of God.

Above the stars he saw the Empyraeum
Of celestial beings and above all these
He saw the heavenly beauty of Lady Wisdom,
More beautiful even then the Venus of Florence.

He had not the courage to see the Lord Almighty,
Cause the Lord Almighty was full of wrath!
But as he vowed his soul to Lady Wisdom,
Lady Wisdom reconciled his soul,

And God the Lord became a God of Love,

Father in Heaven, and the poet’s soul his child!