Herausgegeben von Dr. P.M. – Herausgeber der

THE KNIGHT OF OUR LADY'S GIRDLE


By Josef Maria Mayer


PROLOGUE AS A PERSON
We have here the most magnificent theater
Of the whole of Germany, because here the playwright
A poet is, as now in Germany
Not a second exists! The committee
For the Nobel Prize honors not this genius,
Honors mediocre natures only.
Yes, our poet in his youth
To his young beautiful Muse said:
I am a misunderstood genius, O Muse!
Now the poet asks but his Germans:
What would ye like to see in the theater today?
Because people's voice is God's voice,
They may say, it will be God's will for him.
MISTER PHILISTINE
O wife, do you remember, in our youth,
How we in Hannover went to the opera?
Now I'd like to see an opera.
MISTRESS PHILISTINE
But I want to hear an opera.
MISTER PHILISTINE
Well, our poet wants to write plays?
Maybe there is the Pope of Hochhut,
The Galileo of Berthold Brecht,
Perhaps the Hölderlin of Peter Weiss,
Maybe Waiting for Godot of Becket?
MISTRESS PHILISTINE
My son has but recently in the Canaries
Read abiout Don Quixote, this knight
From the sad shape! My poor son
Is now obsessed with the idea of knights,
A knight of Our Lady Mary to play!
My poor son with his penniless arts,
He would like to play in the theater.
The German thinker or German poet,
Let him write for my son a drama
About a Knight of Our Lady!
PROLOG AS A PERSON
This word in God's ear - and so it happens!
We see Josef Maria Mayer
And the funny comedy of a Knight
Of the love-charms belt of Our Lady!


ACT ONE
FIRST SCENE

(In the House of the Banker Treasure, who is the father of Lucy Treasure. The Banker speaks with Kaspar Cheerful, a young man who is immensely in love with Lucy Treasure.)

BANKER
So you're in love with my daughter?
KASPAR
Yes, she is so beautiful, so good, so pious!
BANKER
What pious! Can you feed her also? Where do you earn your money?
KASPAR
I am a student of the Old Philology.
BANKER
Philology? Oh yes, I know: you collect stamps! Did you already show my daughter your stamp album?
KASPAR
I am not an abuser! Ha, recently in the Turkish kiosk asked me such a lovely little Houri, if I want to show her my stamps?
BANKER
Yes, to the little Turk you can show them, but not my Western European daughter!
KASPAR
I did not show the little Houri my stamp album, because I do not collect stamps. Because I'm not a student of philately, but of the old philology. To study old philology means to read Homer and Plato in the original.
BANKER
Who, you say, are you reading?
KASPAR
Greek poetry and philosophy.
BANKER
Ah! Now I know what you are: A good-for-nothing! A loafer! You want your goddess to serve in leisure and lazy lie on the wallet! You want my daughter probably only so that I feed you all your life!
KASPAR
I love Lucy, because she is beautiful as the Homeric Helen of Sparta and beautiful as the Platonic Aphrodite Urania!
BANKER
A Saint is said to be my daughter? Because you do not know her! Who should she be? Aphrodite Urania? Who is this beautiful lady?
KASPAR
Aphrodite Urania is the deity of pure spiritual love!
BANKER
You shall go rather to Aphrodite Urinia in the brothel!


SECOND SCENE

(In the house of the Banker. Banker Treasure and Childe Martin Luther, a young wealthy man with blue blood, the banker has chosen for a husband for Lucy Treasure.)

BANKER
O Martin, I honor you more than the Protestants the fifth evangelist!
MARTIN LUTHER
I do not understand?
BANKER
I thought of your namesake.
MARTIN LUTHER
Patron? Yes, you shall be my father! My father did not love me, I will now that you're my father.
BANKER
Well, if you take my daughter to wife, I will call you my son. I have unfortunately no son, only a daughter. Men know what they want - but girls always follow their whims and how the sea moves from the moon.
MARTIN LUTHER
Whether your daughter loves me? I'm not sure! Maybe she seeks only financial security? Thinks only of her material benefit and loves me even not really an truely?
BANKER
Love! Of Love the girls are singing on all streets, waving to her pelvis to African drum rhythms! No, a romantic love wedding is just something for the theater. In real life it is important that you know how to live and not starve, how you let grow the talent.
MARTIN LUTHER
Love will already come with the time, right?
BANKER
First, you take her to you, and then she will get used to you as a pussycat used to the landlord. Most recently, she will not leave you because you to her everyday live just belongs as her as chocolate and her mirror.
MARTIN LUTHER
I will be sure faithful. Love is really exaggerated in our time.



THIRD SCENE

(The Knight of the Or Ladys's Girdle occurs in an ancient suit of armor, with a long spear in his right hand. With him are his two pages, the six-year-old Thomas and the nine-year-old George.)

KNIGHT
Listen to me, my pages! Two pages I've unfortunately lost in the war! But you I will make to squires, if you are fourteen, and when you're twenty-one, I will make you to knights!
GEORG
Teach us about the model of the great knight!
KNIGHT
The greatest of all knights is perhaps Don Quixote! He loved his Lady Dulcinea! She was only a poor peasant woman whom he saw when she hung the laundry in the cottage garden, but he still swore on his deathbed that she was the most beautiful of all the beautiful women! Had he lived with her in marriage, her stench would have sobered him soon after the garlic curd. But because she lived far away in further, he saw in her the twin sister of the Madonna!
THOMAS
Why is Don Quixote the greatest of all knights?
KNIGHT
He can be like no other our teacher in this apocalyptic time, for he was a knight in a time when there exist no more knights.
GEORG
Who is the patron saint of knights, squires and pages?
KNIGHT
The patron is also your patron saint - Saint George! Saint Georg redeemed the virgin from the clutches of the dragon! The day of Saint George in Russia is the day when the slaves may freely choose a new master by themselves!
GEORG
Hercules was also a knight?
KNIGHT
No, the pagans knew of course no noble knight. But the most holy Catholic religion brought forth the knights!
GEORG
Who was the most loving knight?
KNIGHT
Orlando Furioso lost his mind from the pain of love, because his beloved mistress, Angelica, the virgin-knight and Empress of China, did not love the knight Roland, but she loved the rogue Medor! To hell with Medor! Roland lost his mind, and he would have ended in madness, if not his true friend would have flown with a winged horse to the moon to retrieve from there the mind of Orlando Furioso.
THOMAS
Are there on the moon also knights with laser swords?
KNIGHT
From my adventures on the morning star I'll tell you another time, I can only say that on the planet Venus I saw in a paradise garden the beautiful Eve!


FOURTH SCENE

(In the house of familiy Cheerful. Mister Cheerful is drunken, surrounded by many empty bottles. Mistress Cheerful is sitting with her firstborn and favorite Henry Charles. Offside is sitting Kaspar, the student of the Old Philology.)

MISTER CHEERFUL
Hail to Bacchus and Venus!
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
You old drunkard! You have this habit from your youth in drinking red wine of Bordeaux, you live now in a single continuous chaos.
MISTER CHEERFUL
Who does not love wine, women and song, remains a fool his whole life long!
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
It's getting worse with you!
MISTER CHEERFUL
The transience of defiance! First to the bottle, then to the pussy!
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
Come, my beloved son Henry Charles, your so-called father disgusts me! Be you now my husband, my son!
HENRY CHARLES
Yes, mother, I'm from childhood your true husband.
KASPAR
Mum, I love a woman!
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
What is it this time for a bitch?
KASPAR
The heavenly Lucy! An angel of the morning star she is!
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
What do you want from me? Do you need money? Flush your dorm room, then maybe it works with the harlot.
KASPAR
Mum, please bless me!
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
Oh, were you better never been born!
KASPAR
Ah woe, I hate my life!
MISTER CHEERFUL
Son! The old women have venomous snake tongues! Drown your sorrows in wine! Bacchus is the redeemer of all grief! I bless you! Go! Venus is with you!


ACT TWO

FIRST SCENE

(In the ouse of the Banker. Banker Treasure and Childe Martin Luther.)

BANKER
Now we want to plan everything very carefully.
MARTIN LUTHER
It is supposed to be not a church wedding?
BANKER
Bah, the registry office is sufficient. Then there are tax benefits.
MARTIN LUTHER
I did everything by calculating exactly. It brings money to get married.
BANKER
I think so too. Then you'll get the appointment with the registrar's office. Choose a date that does not fall within the period of the Football Championship. Where will you celebrate?
MARTIN LUTHER
In a discotheque.
BANKER
What is there to drink?
MARTIN LUTHER
Beer according to the German Purity Law.
BANKER
Whom you want to invite?
MARTIN LUTHER
All my childhood friends and the girlfriends Lucy, everyone that belongs to the family.
BANKER
But not that also this fool Kaspar!
MARTIN LUTHER
No, no. I know he has his eye on Lucy. This one, no.
BANKER
Do you want to make a honeymoon?
MARTIN LUTHER
Oh, I do not like to travel. The best is yet at home.
BANKER
Well, you also do not have to travel. Honeymoon in Paris or Venice are for hopeless romantics.
MARTIN LUTHER
The money that we get more through the marriage, we do not want to squander in pleasure trips.
BANKER
No, marriage has nothing to do with pleasure, but very much with the tax office.
MARTIN LUTHER
So everything is ready?
BANKER
Yes.



SECOND SCENE

(In the forest are wandering Mistress Cheerful and her son-lover Henry Charles, pockets full of money.)

MISTRESS CHEERFUL
Finally, I am gone away from the husband I wanted to leave him for long.
HENRY CHARLES
Now we're all alone, oh Mum!
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
Not alone, my love, because I love you and you love me!
HENRY CHARLES
I was always jealous about the father.
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
But why, my dear? That was not necessary, I have always loved you!

(The knight of Our Lady's girdle appears with his pages George and Thomas.)

KNIGHT
Oh, a damsel in distress? We Crusaders, Templar Knights, german teutonic knights are ordered to help all women in need, because Our Lady is Queen of Heaven and has also been a woman. Woman, I will save you! What do you want me to do for you?
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
What are you, a moron? Come, beloved Henry Charles, we want deeper into the woods, we want deeper in the bushes and be alone together.
KNIGHT
Come on, George and Thomas, this people do not want to be rescued. The Savior is here, but no one wants to save himself! We ride on, if we can find a poor soul who wants to save himself.

(In the forest Kaspar walking alone.)
KASPAR
Forsaken by all the world, cursed by all the world, which angel should I contact? Who hears me when I cry? O so all alone! De profundis Domine!


THIRD SCENE

(In the deeper, denser forest. Mistress Cheerful and her son-lover Henry Charles. The knight of Our Our Lady's girdle with the two pages.)

KNIGHT
Oh, what a picture! The mother with the son! The Virgin with the Son of God! The Great Mother Venus with the Divine boy Cupid!
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
Now we have lost our way. Now I may need you. whether you seem to be an idiot, maybe you help me?
KNIGHT
I know your deep distress, O wife and mother! I have compassion, even if you're proud.
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
I do not want to live with my beloved Henry Charles in the forest! We want in the city!
HENRY CHARLES
Yes, Mum, in the shopping area of ​​the city we buy you new beautiful clothes.
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
Am I not beautiful enough, my son?
HENRY CHARLES
But, Mom, you're the most beautiful thing! That's why you deserve the most beautiful clothes.
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
Knight, knight, you may help a poor wretched woman in great distress! O knight, knight, only you can save me, be my savior! Be my hero, my hero! You're a knight of the Mother of God, have mercy on a poor helpless mother who has lost her son in the forest of the world! Lead us on the road of salvation and in the bright city of God!
KNIGHT
By God, it's never been heard that a poor miserable woman called in vain for the knight of Our Lady's girdle! Now, woman, with thy son forward, I lead you into the light!


FOURTH SCENE

(In the forest. Lucy walking. Martin Luther goes after her and holds her in his hands.)

LUCY
Oh, but let me alone, I like most to be alone.
MARTIN LUTHER
What are you doing here in the forest?
LUCY
I talk to the Hamadryads.
MARTIN LUHER
He?
LUCY
The nymphs that live in the trees, are called Hamadryads. They appear to me, and I talk to them.
MARTIN LUTHER
Superstition! Here is a real guy! Take me to your man and you'll never need to walk alone in the forest. We will instead buy in downtown a beautiful jewelry. Do you want antique statues? I'll buy them for you.
LUCY
What should I do with dead ancient statues, if I can communicate with the living Hamadryads?
MARTIN LUTHER
Enigmatic woman! I do not understand you! But you're quite pretty.

(Kaspar comes from the depths of the forest.)

KASPAR
Oh, in the middle of my life, I have now lost my way in a dense forest! If bears and wolves and panthers are coming!
LUCY
Ah, Kaspar, you?
KASPAR
O goddess, my Salvatrix!
LUCY
Goddess and salvatrix I'm not, but your soul sister who loves you from heart.
KASPAR
I think my love you are!
LUCY
My heart's friend!


FIFTH SCENE

(In a tavern. The Knight, his pages George and Thomas. Mistress Cheerful and her son Henry Charles. Hostess.)

HOSTESS
Come on in! The soup is already on the table.
KNIGHT
What smells so good here?
GEORG
Are there potato pancakes?
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
O, my potato pancakes you should try once! They are the best in the world!
GEORG
With applesauce?
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
Sprinkled with sugar!
GEORG
Oh, I love sugar!
THOMAS
There's chocolate for dessert?
HOSTESS
Sit down at the table, the soup is ready. Here are toasted pine nuts, roasted white bread here, nice and crispy. Here is the pumpkin soup and pumpkin vegetables, seasoned with expensive pumpkin seed oil.
THOMAS
This tastes but delicious! For dessert I would like a yogurt and a piece of chocolate.
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
You could do some sour cream in the soup.
HOSTESS
Sour cream?
KNIGHT
The pine nuts are delicious!
THOMAS
I'm sick of it! Can I have chocolate?
HOSTESS
And you, page George, do you also want chocolate?
GEORG
I do not like chocolate. But I like sugar! White sugar and brown sugar!
KNIGHT
Lord, we thank thee! Let us all one day join the heavenly wedding feast, where we are with thee and thy mother to dinner!


SIXTH SCENE

(In the house of the banker Treasure. Banker and Childe Martin Luther.)

MARTIN LUTHER
Oh, I do not know who is my friend and who are my enemies! My worst enemies are in my own family! But Satan in person for me is this Kaspar, who robbed me my favorite! Lucy, light of my eyes! This Kaspar robbed me not only Lucy's body, but also her heart! He flatters her with courtesy and attentions and the melancholy fool's jokes and seduces her to his spiritual imagination and wants to marry his Goddess!
BANKER
I promised you I'll be your father. This poor student, this drunken mendicant should not get my daughter! Legislature, jurisdiction and all executive organs of state I use to protect my daughter from this seducer. He is a Pied Piper, a children's scavenger and girls scavenger. With the chocolate of his sweet words he lures them away from their bourgeois life and will destroy them in the same religious madness, as he has gone mad from reading many books.
MARTIN LUTHER
What to do?
BANKER
I rush him the police on his neck! I'll sue him with justice! I lock him in prison in solitary confinement!
MARTIN LUTHER
But if Lucy still loves the poor sad clown?
BANKER
Oh! Out of sight - out of mind! Women are like children, they live from today to today, by way of change they are like the moon, and tomorrow they have forgotten whom they love today.
MARTIN LUTHER
But I can not so nice words make like this babbler.
BANKER
Words, Words, nothing but words!
MARTIN LUTHER
But Lucy loves the sweet words.
BANKER
Nonsense! As a father, I'll tell you a secret: If there is only a good dick, so the women are satisfied!


SEVENTH SCENE

(Mister Cheerful in a sea of empty bottles, a few full bottles of wine, drunken babbling nonsense. Yet children and drunkards tell the truth.)

MISTER CHEERFUL
Sleep good, my child, because if you do not sleep now, then comes the Jesuit and picks you! I have such kind of thoughts. What does the A, E, I, O, U? The A is the birth, E is the youth, U is the wedding in the mountain of honey, O is the wine harvest, Iis the death and the resurrection of the flesh! Oh, what we need to ponder poor drunkards! Why Crown Prince Rudolf shot himself? And why scratched Queen Luise in the window of Tilsit: Who never ate his bread with tears and long nights sat alone weeping, he knows ye not, ye heavenly powers! Oh, in much wisdom, there is much grief, and where is much pondering, there's a lot of sorrow. But worry makes life short. My grief's solver is Bacchus! I always will but serve only Bacchus and Venus! Lap of Venus, I adore thee!

(The banker enters.)

BANKER
Like father, like son! If the father is a drunkard, the son poisoned his liver.
MISTER CHEERFUL
My grandfather was an even bigger boozers than me! Even today, in the Hereafter he has so thirsty that he is drinking more in me! But the great-grandfather of my father was a very wild reveler! We all come from Bacchus, as he has drunk slept with Venus and fathered the god Priapus! However, the pious think we come from Noah, who first built a vineyard after the flood and drunk slept with his own daughters.
BANKER
And you're mad, too? And see even white mices?
MISTER CHEERFUL
The mices did not - the cunt!
BANKER
Yes, yes, now I know what you're, a son of a bitch! Call back your son, that he lets his sticky fingers of my dear daughter!
MISTER CHEERFUL
If Venus wants, Helen will leave the black-haired Menelaus and the fair Paris passionate love on the island of Cythera!


ACT THREE

FIRST SCENE

(Lucy and Kaspar alone in the black forest in the middle of their lives. In awe of the spirit in the green cathedral of the forest they whisper tenderly of her love.)

KASPAR
Lucy, you seem like a light of heaven, like an angel of love, a Genius of Venus! Light ahead of me to paradise! I'm caught up in deep darkness, lost in the dark forest of life.
LUCYI
We are Hansel and Gretel, lover, chased by her their step-mother. No, not the grandmother, the witch is truely the step-mother!
KASPAR
Lucy, my heavenly Venus, the people of this world are so cruel! I loathe in this world! The world is dull and loveless! So it must have been before the flood. Oh, escapism it is called, I want to escape to the blissful ideas of heaven!
LUCY
Yes, sometimes the tender lambs with the bleeding hearts feel heavy under all the wolves.
KASPAR
Yes, all the panther of fornication, all the wolves of greed, all the lions of selfishness!
LUCY
We tender souls must not pamper, beloved! We need to be warriors for peace! Let us fight against the rest of the world! Let the wolves howl to Luna and barking dogs, all demons,, our love will give us wings and carry us to the stars!
KASPAR
Orion may gird himself and put the sword at his hip and fight for truth and justice! Kallisto is there to show us the way! Luna may console ourselves with tender kisses in the night! Our goal is the heaven of lovers in the realm of the heavenly Venus!
LUCY
There the power of Love to worship!



SECOND SCENE

(In the tavern. Hostess, Mistress Cheerful and Henry Charles, the Knight and his two pages George and Thomas.)

HOSTESS
You, precious lady who so leave your husband and now wants to live with your son, I know a house, beautifully situated rural, almost a palace, with a large orchard. You could live with your son-lover.
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
I will clean the apartment that it is clean and sparkling and bright and a white temple of the goddess of hygiene. Then I'm going to live alone for my beloved Henry Charles. I'm so proud of him! I'll tell the whole world what is my son for an all-powerful man!
HENRY CHARLES
O mother, it is my honor to be called your son. I am proud to have such a mother! You are pure as the goddess of Hygiene and precious than the gold of America!
HOSTESS
It is only this: In this gorgeous country house, that is as beautiful as the heavenly Jerusalem in the paradisiacal Garden of Eden, now lives the three-headed hell hound Cerberus!
KNIGHT
I'll beat the hell-hound! In the power of the name of Jesus and in the power of the charm girdle of Our Lady I shall command the dog demon to escape.
HOSTESS
Oh, you're the last of the knights in this our unchivalrous time!
GEORG
Is the name of Jesus more powerful than all the demons of hell?
KNIGHT
Yes!
THOMAS
Is the name of Jesus threatening?
KNIGHT
My sweet Thomas, my candied sugar lip, the name Jesus is sweeter than honey!
GEORG
A riddle: What is sweeter than honey?
KNIGHT
Only the idea of honey is sweeter than the sweet honey itself!


THIRD SCENE

(Mister Cheerful is funny in the harem of his empty bottles. Outside the stage but sit Mister Philistine and Mistress Philistine from the prologue and gossip about Mister Cheerful.)

MISTER CHEERFUL (babbling)
Oh, la bouche de Dieu! Oh, la bouche de la beauté divine! Oh, la beauté d'amour! Un grande mystère d'amour! Vive l'amour! Vive l'esprit d'amour!
MISTRESS PHILISTINE
He is doing so, as if he perfectly masters foreign languages and is just a pompous windbag!
MISTER PHILISTINE
If he only really high German can speak, without dialect, I mean pure Hannoveran High German!
MISTRESS PHILISTINE
He says, I sshave the Lord, and means, I serve the Lord!
MISTER PHILISTINE
Spaghetti al dente he considers to be Spaghetti El Dante. Surely he always confounded me and mine.
MISTRESS PHILISTINE
Moreover, he confounded mine and thine!
MISTER PHILISTINE
When he always is drinking so he ruined his liver. He drinks cheap wine as wormwood in it, and wormwood is addictive.
MISTRESS PHILISTINE
Yes, he is a real wormwood bum! And why he does not vacate the empty bottles from his apartment? He lives just on a pile of rubbish! Soon the rats came over him! Then he no longer needs to hallucinate of white mices, then he lives together with real rats!
MISTER PHILISTINE
He has himself something of a rat! He was certainly in a previous life once a rat.
MISTRESS PHILISTINE
He is so disgusting, I would not even touch him with a pitchfork!
MISTER PHILISTINE
Good thing, we are decent people!
MISTRESS PHILISTINE
Yes, thank be to God, we are not like that one!


FOURTH SCENE

(A beautiful country house in a large orchard. The Knight alone with the hell hound Cerberus.)

HELL DOG
Woof, Woof, Woof! Woof, Woof, Woof! Woof, Woof, Woof!
KNIGHT
Jesus!

(The hellhound crouches, creeps away.)

KNIGHT
Ah woe is me! This spiritual battle took all my strength! All my Virtutes are flowed! Aeolus has open all hoses and dismissed all the winds, and now I am an empty bag! I'm empty and destroyed! I am nothing! I am Mister Nobody! Oh, I think of my fathers - they were enemies of God! Has God become my enemy? Like a black panther God has incurred me! God is like a mother bear whom some people has stolen her cubs! Ah woe, my enemy has become my God! Quite broken I am! Yes, whom the Father loves, he disciplines! So that's why the Father beats me and knocks me crap? Lord, Lord, dreadful and terrible! O Mary, kill me at once! Ah, I'd be dead!

(An elderly lady goes over with bread and cheese and meat and a bottle of Chateauneuf-du-Pape.)

AGED LADY
Forget your suffering! Occasional forget! Fix your eyes of your soul constantly on the divine beauty!
KNIGHT
Oh, when shall I get there that I look at the face of the divine beauty? I see, I see the oral kisses of divine beauty!



FIFTH SCENE

(The house of family Cheerful. Mister Cheerful is drunk, Mistress Cheerful and Henry Charles hold hands.)

MISTRESS CHEERFUL
I now take my leave of you, my man. I have lived with you long enough. My beloved son, give me your blessing! I go away from my husband. A new life is waiting for me, a new love. My new life and my new love I will begin only with the blessing of my beloved son.
HENRY CHARLES
I bless you, mother! Anything you do to me is right! I'll go with you wherever you want! Your people will be my people and your God my God: and where thou shalt lie buried once, I will be buried too.
MISTRESS CHEEFUL
You, my man, you're dead to me! You have a name that thou livest, but in truth you're dead! Only God can save you! I am leaving!

(Mistress Cheerful and Henry Charles exit)

MISTER CHEERFUL
Better be alone in a corner under the roof than with a contentious tongue in one house. Worse than death is a woman whose arms are like chains. I have long searched for a human being worth his live. One I've found, but that was not a woman. You, whom the gods love, you will be saved from the woman who is worse than death. Well, this mortal woman is gone, now I live alone together with the divine Venus. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands and between the legs of women! But the divine Venus Urania is full of mercy and burning love!


ACT IV

FIRST SCENE

(Kaspar alone, in black melancholy.)

KASPAR
Who knows how I feel? People ask: How are you? And if I want to answer, they get a coughing. Everyone wants to hear the answer: Good, and you? And if you say, I'm ill! Then your enemy tells you how much more ill he himself is. So just be silent, my soul. Only Lucy I tell, how I feel. After all, what feels my soul? How can I say that I am happy, because I'm in love, even if am in the deepest midnight of sorrow? Yes, rather a great and burning heart with black despair, as to be soulless and have fun. Yes, I love! I love God, I love Lucy! But I hate myself abysmally! Why am I here at all? Would I have never been born! How can my mother ever make good that she gave birth to me? The man who early died has it better than the living, but even better those who are not yet born. Why do we have to be born of God's lap in this valley of tears, to suffer excruciating pain until we can go back into the bosom of God? And why I do not live together with Lucy, though we have been already man and woman in the heavens of the ideas before conception? Ah, I remember what I dreamed last night. Before I was born, I was in the spirits realm a purple pearl, Lucy but was in the spirits realm a snow-white lotus flower. Two Holy Fathers were in the realm of spirits, to one Holy Father was entrusted the purple pearl and to the other Holy Father the lotus flower. And when they put the purple pearl in the lotus, then were Lucy and I born under the same star. Oh, why can I not live my dreams? Why is the reality so hostile? An evil God hath created the reality, and love belongs to God alone in the spirits realm of dreams and the paradises of the imagination?


SECOND SCENE

(The Imperial Highness Milona of Herzegovina appears beautiful as the goddess of beauty, she appears before the knight and his two pages George and Thomas.)
IMPERIAL HIGHNESS MILONA
You are the knight of the girdle of Our Lady?
KNIGHT
Yes, it's me.
IMPERIAL HIGHNESS MILONA
I am the daughter of Charles the Fifth, the most Catholic monarch of the world. I am the daughter of divine wisdom and mother of all orphans. The great lady likes what you're doing! I want to invite you into my residence, come to Herzegovina, in my pleasure palace of Medjugorje!
KNIGHT
Highness! You are a stunning beauty!
IMPERIAL HIGHNESS MILONA
I can not help. The Creator has so chiseled me out of marble from Carrara. I was as a baby the most beautiful baby in the world, as they said. The real beauty is but the beauty of holiness. That is why I have dedicated myself to the Immaculate Heart of the Virgin and became mother of all orphans.
KNIGHT
Did you ever get the title Mother of All Nations?
IMPERIAL HIGHNESS MILONA
No, but in Africa they call me Mumma Africa! I was given the honorary title of South Sudan: Big cow! They drummed for me and danced for me, because I bear all their poor orphans in my bosom, to my udder of a mother cow.
KNIGHT
Honors you the title of a cow?
IMPERIAL HIGHNESS MILONA
The cow, which they think is the great heavenly mother cow that lays all orphans around the world at her heavenly udders and satisfies them with the milk of consolation.
KNIGHT
Is Our Lady not the Holy Cow of Heaven?
IMPERIAL HIGHNESS MILONA
When God sucked the breasts of the queen of heaven, injected from the udder of the Queen of Heaven the milk of the Milky Way and all other hundred billion galaxies.
KNIGHT
May save us the milk of the heavenly Mother! As lives the Father and the Son and the Holy Mother, I follow you, Milona!


THIRD SCENE

(House of the banker. Banker Treasure, Lucy Treasure, Childe Martin Luther, Mistress Cheerful and her son-lover Henry Charles.)

MISTRESS CHEERFUL
If only I had not born my damned son Kaspar! Why did God punish me with him, such one having give birth as a monster?
HENRY CHARLES
You are my mother, rejoice with me! Maybe you're not the mother of Kaspar.
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
Although I have born him, but I'm not his mother. When I knew I was pregnant for the second time, I said: I do not suppose this child! I do not want this child! He shall not live!
BANKER
Why did you not then make an abortion?
MISTRESS CHEERFUL
Oh, in the older times we women were not so free. Though I did it inwardly desire and often thought: If this monstrosity were but dead! But I feared the shame, because the world was somehow still Christian.
HENRY CHARLES
I hate my brother too! I always think of Cain and Abel. I'm sure an offspring of Abel, the lover, but the second-born Cain is my mortal enemy. Maybe I have to kill him one day!
BANKER
He is a piece of shit! But this Childe Martin Luther, that's a real man! Check out these broad shoulders and this male beard masculine and gear! And look at that ass with the thick portemonnaie in the back pocket! A real guy of bran and grains!
MARTIN LUTHER
Oh, the poor Kaspar is a soap bubble. A nothing. I note no. He does not exist for me.
LUCY
I do not understand you. Kaspar is a very special person, very different from all the others.
BANKER
Shut up, you stupid child! You should prefer to cut off the tongue! You just love the losers, because you yourself are a loser!
LUCY
My Jesus, mercy!



FOURTH SCENE

(Lucy alone in her father's house. Night with moonlight.)

LUCY
(before the image of the Black Madonna)
Ah Lady, I am full of pain and misery! It seems to me I do not extend my life the way I want it. Everything is opposite of love! The demons have the supremacy. So many coarse and vulgar people rule the world. I want to be pure, virtuous and holy, but I fear even the suffering of loneliness, the cross. I would also like to be happy, happy, to live a good life. I want to live in harmony with nature, gemstones, flowers and animals. I want to love a man who would be predestined to me by God and the eternal fate. But who am I, that I have such lofty desires? Are not all successful, all holy, all knowing, all gorgeous, and I am confused and depressed alone? But I love you, O heavenly Mother!

(There's a knock at the door.)

Come in!

(Two messengers carry in a big box.)

Thanks to you, messengers. What might that be?

(Kaspar rises from the box.)
Kaspar! Exciting moment! We both alone at night! Moonlight shimmers silvery through the night. Silence. We both alone! An aura crackling with sparks!
KASPAR
Oh divine woman, you are delicious! Teach me everything I need to know about love! Teach me the sanctuaries of the body and the mysteries of the woman!
LUCYY
Oh!

(The banker enters.)

BANKER
You bastard! Fuck you!

(Kaspar jumps out the window.)


FIFTH SCENE

(Mister Cheerful alone. The room is tidy. It is only a bottle of Bordeaux on the table, the cup is full. It is evening. From the distant the church bell ringing the Angelus.)

MISTER CHEERFUL
Yes, yes, I say: La beauté divine! And people say: Ah, la bouteille divine? Inflated people! But I'm dancing with the stars, and when I'm drunk, Venus blows my flute! As it says the poet to the poet: Tu est un con! What does that mean? You have the spleen! Ah, the old man and the sea, what is that? But the old man and the young girl, that would be something! Oh, I'm delirious! Mohammed is right: Paradise is a heavenly brothel! The old man leans on his sofa, an Houri is blowing him the flute, under the second Houri is the third Houri practicing cunnilingus and the old man's right hand caressing the vulva of the fourth Houri. In the background is the Goddess Suhre. Oh, I drink too much!

(The knight appears.)

KNIGHT
Father Cheerful, you're a fool, but a fool in Christ! People think you are crazy, but I know you alone honor the poor Kaspar. I want to ensure that Kaspar and his beloved Lucy be happy forever.
MISTER CHEERFUL
Oh, the young man, he still believes that passionate love maks happy. But I have in my hermitage a spiritual harem, in which I enjoy me carelessly. I would still wish this good luck Kaspar and his Lucy too! This Lucy is a shy deer, much too fond of this world!
KNIGHT
In the name of the Great Mother, I will donate the wedding of the bride and bridegroom!


ACT V

FIRST SCENE

(The house of the banker. The banker alone.)

BANKER
How are the shares? Five hundred percent profit!

(Childe Martin Luther and Kaspar appear. Kaspar is beaten by Childe Martin Luther into the house with a big stick.)

MARTIN LUTHER
Here, father, is the swine this dog, this slob, this miserable rat! That this pile of shit dared to raise his eyes to your dear daughter, borders on blasphemy!
BANKER
Oh, oh, oh, my daughter!
KASPAR
What's with the heavenly Lucy?
BANKER
She is gone!
KASPAR
Exodus! Moving of Jah People!
MARTIN LUTHER
What Exitus? I'll beat you to death!

(He beats continually on a Kaspar. The knight appears.)

KNIGHT
But now it is enough with your satanic education! Despise only your poets, the genii of your people, ye mindless fools, but does not disturb the harmony of lovers! It is one God of Love in two people, man and woman in the image of God as a unified force, united in the eroticism of the Spirit! I have never seen a woman like Lucy, which is led by a Socratic Daimonium, and I never met a man like Kaspar, who loves until it hurts! And if you think you can disturb the harmony of the lovers on earth, God will help you and gets up from his throne of Jasper with the power of true love and it ends with eternal justice! I charge you in the name of Our Lady: Married shall be Lucy with Kaspar!


SECOND SCENE

(In front of the house of the banker, the Knights appear with the army of the Imperial Highness Milona of Herzegovina, consisting of black children-soldiers.)

KNIGHT
Now we start the war, the war of love! This time it's not about the lettuce head of Inanna, but - le fruit de vos entrailles, Mère de Dieu!
BLACK CHILDREN SOLDIERS
They have sacrificed and slaughtered us long enough and accused their idols to devour! Now stands the army of children around the world! There are fighting on our side the armies of God and the angels of the aborted brothers and sisters! We are the army of rubber-bears, we have armor made of marzipan, our lances are candy-sticks and our atomic bombs are sugar!
KNIGHT
Now it is time for us to make a revolution! Your revolutions of revolutionary hatred have bitterly plagued us long enough! Now we make our revolution, the revolution of love! Our revolutionary army advancing flies the flag of the Apocalyptic virgin! Our patron saint is Jeanne d'Arc! Right and left to our site march Saint Michael and Saint George with the tender arms of the celestials!
BLACK CHILDREN SOLDIERS
This is the true holy children's crusade! Too often they have buried the baby Jesus! We march to the grave of the Child Jesus and are united with the risen Jesus so as to build our Secret Emperor's universal theocracy of beauty!
KNIGHT
Hail the universal theocracy of beauty! Long live the civilization of Beautiful Love!
BLACK CHILDREN SOLDIERS
All children of the world celebrate Universal Children's birthday, the Christmas celebration of the risen Jesus babe! Mother of us all is the Majestic Mum of God!
KNIGHT
War! The war will be won by the heart of the Majestic Mom!


THIRD SCENE

(Mister Cheerful in his house.)

MISTER CHEERFUL
I have seen three times the golden-haired Venus! The golden-haired Venus was twenty-two years young and beautiful, beautiful, delicious goddess! She smiled and said: Bring children into the world and look forward to the children because the children are the sunshine of God! Then she danced with pink curtains and shook her divine milky breasts, because I saw the golden-haired Venus in a gorgeous lascivious belly dance - très voluptueuse!

(Lucy and Kaspar appear.)

KASPAR
Father, give us your blessing!
MISTER CHEERFUL
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Lucy! Whom shall I marry you other than to this Kaspar, this clown of divine love? Venus bless you!

(The banker, Mistress Cheerful and Henry Charles appear.)

MISTRESS CHEERFUL
Ex-husband, you shall leave me with your Goddess, I take the new man, the banker.
BANKER
Henry Charles, you are my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased! You shall be my heir!

(The knight of the girdle of Our Lady appears with his squires George and Thomas.)

KNIGHT
Kaspar and Lucy Lucy and Kaspar! A and B, and B and A! Her Imperial Highness Milona of Herzegovina Medjugorje sends to your blessed wedding all blessings! The Great Woman straightens you, Kaspar, this message: My dear child, every red rose that you give your beloved Lucy, also gladdens my heart!
KASPAR
Lucy, eternal love! Our honey moon, la lune du miel, we want to celebrate blessed to experience a heaven on earth, dancing under the Southern Cross and laughing in the southern empire of Her Imperial Highness Milona of Medjugorje at the hot Cote d'Ivoire!
LUCY

The end is good and all is good!