Herausgegeben von Dr. P.M. – Herausgeber der

MAJIA-HE


By Josef Maria Mayer



CHAPTER ONE
LI TAI-PO

The poet, whose first name was "morning star" (his friends called him "glance" ), was sixty-two years old. He rests on a warmed Kang, a tile bed, a Chinese sofa, that stood in the house of his relative Yang Bing. He felt death near and wrote his last testamentary verses:

In heaven above is a city made of white jade,
I ask for entry through the twelfth, the last door.
Immortals touch my head with grace,
My life may endure in eternity.

            Yang Bing now stepped in front of the poet, who in his mystical mirror his hair saw white as snow since some years, and asked him, bowing down in awe, "Your obedient servant, your third cousin, faithful friend and companion of your last few hours, asks you for a magnanimous favour: I want to have the truth of your life, that you classically strictly written in your most poetic verses in the new style of the Tang dynasty, hidden to the ambiguous - beautiful mystical transfigured appearance, these prosaic truth I want merely left as your seal for posterity. Great is your fame to a thousand springtimes, your name forever shines and you morning star are known in all five regions of the world, but who knows of your place of birth? of your four wives? who knows Dang-Tu, the place where you will board the Yellow Crane in the next three dawns to ascend into the heavenly realms of immortality? Tell me, tell me a little to know what you seem worth mentioning in the face of eternity, open your lips smooth and let flow the last sober speech to the great wine's salvation in the holy celebration!"
            Glance, as I like to call the poet as his posthumous friend, looked only to himself, then from his almost transfigured inner man through the magic mirror of his eyes to the prefect, to Yang-Bing, decided to give the earthly vanities its last mortal honor.

I was born in 701 in Tokmak, located south of the Balkhash-lake, near the Turkestan frontier, near the Silk Road. In the ninth generation, I descended from King Li Gao, the potentate of the Liang State. With five years I moved with my parents, my grandmother and my sister in the province of Szechuan. I learned to read, and my grandmother sang to me the verses from the book of songs, and taught me, when I was ten or twelve, in the teachings of the great sages of Wisdom, I mean Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu, she told me about the book of Word and Virtue, and about the book of Nanhua. At that time I wrote my first poem. I remember exactly, it was this:

The clouds and the seas will turn black from dust,
And the cedar tree is in the throes of deadly winds.
Skulls became a mountain - prostrated is faith...
The stars are pale. What is the people's sin?

My parents didn't understood the verses, but an old hermit in the snow-white mountains, fasting and praying, he understood the secret meaning of this lines.
            I was always looking for a God-man, and found that the hermit with his introspection most shared in his essence (far away from the poet), so I was happy in his miserable hut, myself a man of simple linen dress, and shared with him the barren rice bread and the bowl of rice wine, taken in pious devotion.
            I realized that the essence of the God-man is justice, which is not realized on earth, but which we should aspire. And so I gave myself in the fiery zest of youthful manhood and girded the sword and went into the woods to the robbers and avengers. We had our wooden huts hidden in an inaccessible bog and went daily on the prow. We raided corrupt officials and hypocritical bigwigs in their pomp and splendor litters and took from them gold and scrap silver, to distribute it to needy widows and orphans, the maimed and starvelings. My boyfriend at the time, We Hao, pierced so many dignitaries the sword into their fat belly, I was more the man for devising cunning plans; yes, I sharpened my mind at that time and learned to use my passions for perfect works.
            But I was talking one day with a pious hermit's conscience, I myself should the robbery and murder leave (but I myself have never killed) and would rather devote myself again to my beautiful intellectual talent. I left the forests and made ​a long trip to the Blue Stream.
            O what I met for different people and landscapes of China, all images for the poetry of the way of the people: the butterfly-like southland, a parable for the floating soul, the Blue Stream flowing into the Dung-Ting-Lake, to is the internals collection in Heavenly Peace...
            And love? - Yes, also love happened to me since I was twenty-two and became infatuated by the eyes of the beautiful maiden Dija, a pure lotus flower amidst muddy waters, with golden brown eyes and black hair, when I untied her ornate knot, it fell to the lumbar. But even more important was that she better than any flower-girl played the lute and sang so sweet and charming the folk songs, those rhymes that taught me my grandmother in my childhood. Dija was my first love and I still remember her: love endures forever.
            I lived at that time with Dija and with her grandfather, who was chancellor and could know nothing of my swashbuckling past, in the north of Han-kou.
            The followingspring my second wife ran across the road, which still had longer black hair and teeth as white as paper, and she sang beautifully, but beyond that she knew the sayings of Confucius by heart, what impressed me. I left Dija and moved on after Jen-Cheng, now I lived entirely for poetry, so completely, that I also completely forgot about love, and so she left me too.
            I had become famous, famous as Du Fu and Wang Wei and Bo Djü-I, and I was proud as a rooster. The Radiant Majesty, the Emperor Hsuan Tsung (or Ming-huang ) called me to the court in his circle of wonderful poets, he said to me, "Reverend is only a man of the linen dress, yet your fame come to Us. How would that be possible if you had not practiced the way of truth?" And he let me out of the brush in the forest of the learned and went away. I visited the imperial capital of Chang-an, but rather the taverns as the lonely woods, because I was a great friend of the wine (and am up to the present hour): a cup of wine gives me three hundred poems. When I called the Son of Heaven in his boat, I said, "Sir, they servant is a genius, lost in wine!" Nevertheless, I got up after and became a servant of the Emperor and sprinkled my face with water, and created, according to the tunes of the music official seal, for an imperial court concert many verses with melodious rhymes, all written in the enthusiastic spirit of the quest for immortality.
            Now my end was near at the imperial court (by the way my third wife came out of one of the many imperial side chambers, the Son of Heaven gave her to me ) and how it happened: I was appointed at the emperor and was drunk on the revelry with drinking companions, as I entered the lobby, where the eunuch Gao Li  received me. I said to him in an high spirits and confident of my royal lineage, Take off my shoes! Like a real sneak the oil mouth took my shoes off, but complained then from behind at the Emperor's favorite Yang Gue-fe, who therefore soon rushed to the Emperor, clung to him seductively tender and in his hearing ears slightly lisped of naughty offense and bad arrogance of the court poet Morning Star. Then I laeve the emperor, but in friendship and respect. I wrote in this connection the following verses, which again had a secret meaning:

At the moment of parting I feel heavy sadness
And my cap ribbons were wet from tears of rain.
Oh Master! Son of Heaven! o ruler without limits!
More radiating than the fathers:
You can prepare the lake of fire and erect the tent
To my consolation. About you alone I want to write poetry.

Eleven years later - in the meantime I created according to my task, in addition I devoted myself to the herbs and stones, and the sanctifying of the inner self, all I did aspired to the physical perpetuation - eleven years later the Tungus-Turkish military governour came at Lu-shan in the direction of the two capitals, and he was cruel and violent, the street dog sat now on the Dragon Throne! The Radiant Majesty fled westward as the sun, from the summit of his golden aeon the Middle Kingdom fell close to the abyss. In the inferno of civil war, I fled with my fourth wife, the buddha-believing Peach Blossom in the Lu-shan Mountains near the Blue Stream: an immortal in exile.
            Three times I climbed, alone with my shadow and the moon, the Yellow Crane Tower. And at the prospect of the myriads of creations of the heavens broke on through in my soul in the grief of despair to pleasing nowhere.
            Three years ago I got the news from my rehabilitation, it reached a wine-drawn and hiking man - no, not a man but a poet, because from childhood I was a poet. And my name will last - Li Tai Bo.



CHAPTER TWO
THE WOMEN - PROVERBS

THE GIRLS

Ten daughters who are beautiful like flowers, you can't immediately pay for a son with scales on the skin.
Ten daughters who are like peach blossoms, you can not compare to a son who has warts on his feet.
Ten clever girls can not compare to a man who is a good for nothing.
Better one son than two daughters.
A daughter is like three thieves , two sons are like five eagles.
There are two daughters in a house, then there are three thieves with the mother.
Who equips many daughters with bridal gifts, in him the cash do no rust.
Daughters are guests of her parents' house.
It is useful to treat the sons with love, but the daughters to educate them only for others.
A married daughter is like water that you have discarded.
A married woman is like a field, which one has sold.
A married daughter is like dust that has been swept from the apartment.
A married daughter is like blown away by a demon.
Daughters to raise is as to raise robbers.
A loving daughter, honoring father and mother, is not as precious as a dry vegetable patch.
A sick daughter is better than a hanged son.
If there are no fishes in the river, the crabs are expensive. If there are no sons in the home, one estimates the daughters.
A pretty girl and an old rock stuck everywhere.
Girls and glasses are in danger.
Only a gravedigger can guard girls.
Chaste girls are hypocrites, laughing girls are honest.
If a girl bashfully reflected her eyes, she is looking for a suitor.
Who wants to meet a girl, may watch her at housework.
A girl who loves jewelry, rarely is any good.
A girl who loves beautiful clothes, has little virtue.
Girls want to look pretty, even if they must therefore freeze.
Girls with warts on their face need make-up. Girls with dandruff in the hair, stuck flowers in their hair. Girls with small breasts, cram something in the bra.
The daughter wants to teach the mother how to bring children into the world.
A child bride is bad, she will secretly nibble chocolate.

THE WIFES

The virgin ascends the wedding carriage and cries, but actually she laughs. The student has fallen through the testing and laughs, but actually he is crying.
The bride has probably onions in the brat?
Only laughing bride, then crying woman.
From the marriage on the bride enjoys the least.
In thy bridal bed one groom belongs alone!
To be a newly wedded bride is as difficult as with inverted dressed wooden shoes to climb a steep mountain.
The boy is the mother of his dearest mum, the man knows only his wife and not his mother.
In early spring, the newly wedded returned to her parents' house to pour out her bitterness.
In May you get the bride! Can not you get it, then are rolling your tears!
There is heaven, prevails in the house of man.
Married the woman a cock, so she follows the tap. Married the woman a dog, so she follows the dog.
Deviced the woman to an official, so she is a lady, but if she gets to a butcher, so she must slaughter animals.
The honour of the wife is her husband.
The farmer is dependent on the field, the woman is dependent on her man.
A wise woman leaves the man's pants.
The man is the head of the wife and the wife is the crown of the family.
The woman receives her light from the man as the moon from the sun.
The man's fame beautifies the woman.
Women shall have the religion of her husband.
Where the woman wears the pants, the devil is the host.
Feral hair! But as long as the man appreciates the woman, she must not slander.
Purchased horse and a married woman can be ridden of mine.
For the man it is no honour to beat his wife.
If a man beats his wife, the devil laughs.
Those who honour their wife, are noble men. Who beats his, is a pig.
Who spoiled his wife, is a great man. Who beats his wife, is a dog.
If the husband is in a good mood, his wife for him is the Virgin Mary, is he in a bad mood, she is the gate of the devil!
If the man is angry, the woman shall be meek.
Talk to the man nearby, let the woman go.
Is there in a house a good woman, it's like when the Kingdom has a good chancellor.
A chaste wife is blind and deaf for other men.
The pot bears the lid.
A woman is not slave of two men.
Sludge water becomes cloudy, the jealous wife spoils the marriage's peace.
The jealousy of the bad woman leads to divorce, the jealousy of the good woman leads to tears.
Take only a wise, chaste woman to testify children in her womb!


THE HOUSEWIFES

Men work outside, women rule in the house.
When you walked into a house and the house viewed from the inside, you realized diligence and laziness. When the tea is served, you can see the wife.
When you enter the threshold, check three things: the stove, the bed and the children.
Sits the good housewife on the bed, so she works with the scissors, when she rises from the bed, so she takes the pan.
The good woman worries about the five C: church, cellar, clothes, children, chambers.
Where is the woman in the kitchen and the man works on the field, it is well with the economy.
If the man does not work in the fields, the family is hungry, and if the woman does not weave, freezes the family.
You desire wealth, so may work the man on the field and the woman weave.
The good woman is not chattering, but think of the loom.
A woman who likes standing before the mirror, weaves little.
When the cicadas in the spring chirp, has the woman who is too lazy to weave, no bed curtain.
A woman who spins reluctantly, is wearing coarse clothes.
But it's not all good women who can spin well.
The man dominates the street, the woman dominates the stove.
Even a clever woman can not cook without rice congee.
Also, a newly married woman can not steamed buns bake without flour.
A good woman is not afraid of the kitchen.
If the housewife dies, spoil milk and eggs.
Does the woman wash her lingerie or bakes the bread, so you shall not hang on her heels.
The mother feeds the little child, the adult children take care of the mother.
When men meet, they talk about the Warring States or the book of the robbers, and when women meet, they talk about their small children.
In the behavior of children is to recognize the virtue of the mother.
The child tears the clothes and makes them dirty, the mother washes and mends clothes.
When the child is ill, the care of the mother is the best medicine.
Every child desires, what the mother brought to the child.
Men have ambition in all four directions, women have their ambitions in the chamber.
A good man acts in the entire district, the woman turns to the saucepan.
Women do not come out of the room and scholars not from their study.
Where a man goes on the streets, it brings him honour, but a woman walking on the streets, it is her shame.
Good women spin and weave, bad women chatter.
Women and cats are in the house.
The woman and the furnace shall remain at home.
Without wife no family formation.
A man without a wife is like a house without a host, a woman without a husband is like a house without a roof.
A household without a housewife is like a lantern without light.
A loving housewife is the most precious treasure on earth.
The man's hand earns outside the money, the woman's hand collects inside the money in the casket.


THE MOTHERS

The pregnant mother was frightened by a swan!
If a woman gives birth it is between her and death only one sheet of paper.
The birth of the son is the day of pain for the mother.
No birth without pain of labor.
Is the corn planted, comes the rain. If the child is born, comes the mother's milk.
Everyone who has given birth to a child, is proud.
Small melons do not fall from the tree and small children do not leave the mother.
If you have travelled through the world, the mother is the best. If you have tasted all the food, salt is the tastiest.
The firstborn do not leaves the temple, the youngest child does not leave the mother's chamber.
To the mother is the ill child the dearest.
The mother's heart is always with her children.
The mother's love is stronger than the children's vomits and feces.
Like a mother no-one loves on earth.
The pain of the children go to the father's little finger and to the mother's whole body.
If the mother is still poor, but she gives warmth to the children.
It is better that died a rich father than a poor mother.
In the children is to recognize the mother.
Do you want to have the daughter, look exactly at the mother.
Whore-mothers give birth to whore-daughters.
In the good mother's footprints mature dear daughters.
How mother sings the song, likewise the daughter sings.
Mothers must be teachers of the sons, until the sons go to school, but throughout life, the mothers are teachers of the daughters.
For the unmarried mother her son is not a bastard.


THE SAINTS

The nuns fast until their bellies swell.
You're like some nun of Saint Teresa of Avila: You die more from love than from disease!
Nun's tears burn holes in the veil.
Who does not recognize the pearl in the soup bowl, persuaded the Empress with his sister.
The beggar longs for the Empress.
Even the Empress is the wife of the Emperor.
The Empress wears on her naked body the same jewels as the naked girl.
The Holy Mother of Mercy invite to the banquet that have many hosts and only one guest.
The statue of the Mother of Mercy they carry out, and wear inside the idols.
The Virgin Mary is every year seventeen years young!
In each house a Virgin Mary!
Oh, this is the Virgin Mary of Germany!



CHAPTER THREE
PHILOSOPHERS

CONFUCIUS

Among the philosophical schools, the school of Confucian is the most important. Confucius said, "Be thou a teacher of the educated, be not a teacher of the commons." The school of Confucian is called Ju, which means the gentle, soft. Even before the appearance of Confucius there were such young scholars. They taught the nobles and the people about the rites for the sacrificial celebrations, they deduced the right funeral and the prayers. In their free time, they took care of the youth of the towns and villages and established schools. They were depending on the mercy of the government. Confucius stood far out from the throng of young scholars. He founded his own school of philosophy. He was descended from the Yin Dynasty. Posterity has made Confucius to a saint. He was certainly a truly human personality, very realistic and thirsty for knowledge. He worked hard at his self-perfection. He believed himself called to lead his people out of the turmoil and troubles of his time. In order to realize his ideal, he offered his services to the prince. Las , in order to realize his ideal, he gathered disciples around him and taught them his ideas. He taught a unified system that has for centuries borne the society in China after his death. Heaven's cult played a big role in it. Heaven follows the Tao, the law of the universe or the Eternal Wisdom. When heaven adheres to the Tao, then the ruler or Son of Heaven must adhere to the Father Heaven. What Confucius understood exactly under heaven, he never explained. But as the Heavenly Father ruled the Imperial Son of Heaven, the father of the family should govern the son and the whole family. As the Imperial Son of Heaven should obey his Father in Heaven with love, likewise the son should follow in reverence the father. So arranges itself for heavenly worship the patriarchal family according to the universal law of eternal wisdom, the Tao. After the death of Confucius, his school was divided into different groups, which were divided among themselves, but had a distance against other schools of philosophy, one was authored by the oral traditions of the Book of the Analects of Confucius, the Lun-Yü, which the words of the master handed. So we created a common basis for the Confucian school. The basic concept of the Confucian school is Yen, that is humanity, it denotes the virtue of benevolence between man and man and the feelings of natural affection between parents and children and between brothers. Transferred to human society, the affection and love of humanity should create an ideal harmonious society. The way to achieve this humanity, is a comprehensive education under the control of ethical principles. The Noble perfected his knowledge and character, is faithful and honest with the princes, sympathized with his neighbor. So also the ruler should govern by humanity and should be distinguished mainly by its high moral character. Confucius was not a founder of a religion and not really a philosopher in the sense of a metaphysician, but he was a teacher of morality, who has created a venerable ethic. He probably believed in heaven and a destiny of man by a divine law, but he has unspecified divine and metaphysical things. Certainly he was silent about mysteries, magical powers and the spirits of mischief of superstition. We know little about his view of the survival of the soul after death. Confucius was a teacher of philanthropy. He spoke of the law of human love, "Be loyal, even against yourself, and kind to your neighbor," These human love Yen is a foreshadowing of the Charity of Jesus Christ.



MENCIUS

Mencius or Meng-Tzu came from a place not far from Lu, where Confucius was born. He probably knew the ideas of Confucius and was influenced by them. But his time was different from that of Confucius. Confucius had to fight against any opponent schools of philosophy, Mencius but had to determine to other schools his own philosophy in conflict. The essential point of his philosophy is that man is good by nature. Every human being has a natural conscience or a heart that is good from its origin and infallible in his moral judgment about good and evil. Mencius would have agreed to Kan , who said that every man knows that he has to be good. By nature, and without the aid of education, said Mencius, knows man, what is good and that he should do good. The conscience of the people bears the human judgment about good and evil. Four cardinal virtues designed Mencius of this good in man, that are: a loving nature, righteousness, propriety and wisdom. These four principles or cardinal virtues are related to the cardinal virtues of the Bible, moderation, fortitude, justice and prudence. In this case, the virtue of Mencius, which he calls loving nature, is the most important and eternal theological virtue of Christianity, namely, love.. A person who possesses these four virtues as described by Mencius, has sympathy for his neighbor, has the feeling of shame and disgust against all evil. This man who follows the fine sense of his conscience for the good, knows to distinguish between what is to approve and what is to disapprove. He pays attention to what is truly to worship. But there are still evil people, whose desire is due for possession and power and pleasure. The good man can be corrupted by dealing with evil people and by the negative influence of an evil society. Therefore, man must be vigilant and guard his heart, so he does not lose the innate goodness of his heart. Mencius recommends a kind of meditation, a breathing prayer to breathe in the heavenly spirit, chi, or the breath of God. He does not speak much about this type of meditation. He's just an especially moralist and not a religious leader or even religious teacher. Man should be careful to maintain the four cardinal virtues and to live them and not to be corrupt by the bad influence of sinners. Mencius further shaped the Confucian patriarchal ethic of the family or of the relations of humanity by speaking of the five relationships. He's speaking about the relationship of the ruler to his people, the father to his son, the man to his wife, the old man to the boy and friendship among like-minded people. Mencius called Confucius his teacher and the holy rulers of antiquity his models, namely Yao, Shun and Yu , but also Tang, Wen and Wu, the ideal emperors. If the goodness of the human heart and life according to the four virtues become generalized, the people also get a wise and pious ruler. The government of the ruler should be based on benevolence and kindness and shoul care enough for the welfare of the country's children. However, if the rule had degenerated into a tyranny and have thus lost the mandate of heaven, confesses Mencius the people's the right to enthrone a new ruler after the heart of the heaven. Mencius therefore assumes that the people, if it lives well, a good ruler gets, which is the ruler but even committed to being good according to the mandate of heaven.



HSUN-TZU

Hsun-tzu worshiped Confucius, but he saw himself as an opponent of Mencius. He took the opposite view, namely that man is by nature evil. The former social relations suggested this view. He could see how all the people were driven by their desires, the desires for pleasure and power and money. From the boundless compliance with desire they follow debauchery and strife. So does not the artificial education, the civilizing power of reasonable education. Man must acquire the skill and only acquire virtue. By learning and the continual striving for the good of man can a man become a virtuous being. The special subject of instruction of the school of philosophy of Hsun-tzu were therefore the Li, the customs. The manners call for a social form, which originally came from the religious ceremonies, on the other hand, the ethical relations of people build the social hierarchies. Custom means anything that the saints of antiquity have defined to social rules, to form and to collect a good nature for the nature of man. This is the purpose of the sacred music of the ceremonies, which has a moral and uplifting character. Also, the state must be governed with the help of the custom. The ruler should seek the advice of the wise men, at all times. Fatalism rejects the philosopher. Although Hsun-Tzu talks as the Confucians about Heaven, he but did not believe in a personal God as the school of Mo Tzu.



MO TZU

Mo Tzu or Mo Di founded the eponymous school of Mohists. After the fall of the feudal aristocracy, the artists and scientists who had previously lived in the noble courts went among the people. There were civilian scholars and were Confucians, the others were warriors and formed the group of Mohists. The Mohists were a backlash against the Confucians. The teaching of the Confucian leaned heavily on the ideas of the nobility, the Mohists were closer to the people. To the common people seemed the teaching of Confucian useless and too complicated. The Mohists but found a large echo in the common people. Like Confucius also taught Mo Tse that the turmoil of society have their origin in the lack of appreciation of one's neighbor. The Confucians also spoke from heaven and from the way of heaven, but Mo Tse saw in Heaven a personal God (Shang Di, the Most High), who has a will and was handing out rewards and punishments. The Mohists believed in the existence of spirits (shen) and were even more religious than the Confucians. The Confucians placed much importance on the correct observance of the traditional rites and to the maintenance of class distinctions, the Mohists rejected the traditional class differences. They taught the worship of the wise men and the saints and took the saints of old, Yao and Shun and Yu, for example. The central idea of Mo Tzu was the universal love that knows no variation with groups or class differences. If people overcome their selfishness and serve the neighbor, they act according to the will of our Heavenly God. This doctrine is very similar to the Charity of Jesus Christ. The general philanthropy is a wider term than humanity (Jen), as Confucius taught. Mo Tzu was concerned about the welfare of the whole people, but also demanded hard work and thrift. The fatalism refused Mo Tzu, the happiness of the people is not executed by their good or evil star. He whot trusteth in his horoscope, does easily neglect his duty of service to others. Life is meant to be simple and natural living, funerals are not committed to be expensive and the mourning period not to be too long, otherwise it will ruin the people. Mo Tzu rejected war, as it contradicts the principle of universal love, but he recognized the right of self-defense of a state in time of war. However, war is equated with murder, the philosopher calls the warmongers criminals. The state should be guided rather by the advice of wise men and people of the lower classes should follow the instructions of the ruling ways. Later, various Mohist sects were developed on the basis of the teachings of Mo Tzu, which, as Chuang Tzu said, each of the groups described itself as orthodox and the other as heretical.



DIALECTIANS

The school of the dialecticians discussed if the ratio of the essence of a thing is the name of a thing. They trained in the art of disputation. Their thoughts are similar to the Confucian school, but probably came from the school of the dialecticians the Mohists. Their most famous representatives were Hui Shih and Kung-sun Lung. Hui Shih taught Mo Tzu the universal love and pacifism. He was very learned and had a large library. His teaching we find in the writings of Chuang Tzu. If one does not consider the spatial difference, one can say that the capital of Chu is as big as the whole world. If you do not observe the time's difference, it can be said that there are in an egg feathers. When you consider that the names actually are arbitrary, one can say that a dog is not a dog and the turtle is longer than the snake. The fire is not hot because the heat of the fire is only felt by the people. The empirical world is not real. A white dog is possibly a black dog because human perception of whites is subjective. One of the central ideas of Hui Shih is the unity of the universe. All spatial and temporal differences and all relations of equality and diversity are only relative. Such differences makes man himself, to adjust the universe to convenience to the human capacity. Therefore Hui Shih taught a universal love that goes beyond the general human love of Mo Tzu, not only all the people encompasses this love but every creature, "Love all things in the same way, because heaven and earth form a unity." This universal love for all creation is the main duty of the moral man. Kung-sun Lung was also a pacifist such as Mo Tzu. To this end, he was a sophist and spoke subtle theories. His problem was the relation of the idea to the actual thing, the relationship between substance and accident. A white, hard stone does not consist of three things, of hardness and whiteness and stone. Because if you call the stone hard, one turns to the sense of touch, when you call the stone white, one turns to the sense of sight. Each adjective is intended for a purpose. Therefore is either the stone a hard stone, for the sense of touch, or a white stone, for the sense of sight. But if man speaks of a hard, white stone, man connects with his mental ability the experience of two senses. Thus, the hard, white stone exists solely in the mind of man, but hardness and whiteness are not really properties of the stone itself, because if the person does not think, this whiteness and hardness does not exist. And if no eye sees and when no light is shining, the white does not exist, although the stone does exist. These problems employed later in Europe Immanuel Kant in his theory of knowledge. They are not only sophistical subtleties, shadow-boxing. A white horse is not a horse, for example. Because white is a color that denotes a horse's shape. Color and shape are independent of each other. When one speaks of a white horse, he is talking about the color, but not about the shape of the horse. What refers to the color, can not simultaneously describe the shape. Therefore, a white horse is not a horse, but something white.



TAOISTS

Lao Tzu and Chuang Tzu are the main philosophers of Taoism. About the historical figure of Lao Tzu nothing certain is known and the time of the origin of the Tao Te Ching is controversial. The first tradition about Lao Tse has written the historian of the Han Dynasty, Sima Qian. He depicts the legend of the origin of the book Tao Te Ching. Lao Tzu had received a visit from Confucius, who had asked him about the rites and customs. Later, Lao Tzu had withdrawn himself from public life and crossed the pass of Han-ku . At the request of the local passport coma Danten Yin Hsi, Lao Tse wrote down his thoughts and gave the Tao Te Ching to the passport coma Danten Yin Hsi. The doctrine of the Tao Te Ching is more philosophical than the moral teachings of Confucianism. For the Confucians, the term Tao was the idea of humanity and the custom of the holy kings of antiquity, Lao Tzu's Tao became a philosophical idea that goes beyond time and space, in the beginning is the first principle. It is unknowable and imperceptible. It is also referred to as non-being, which indicates the existence, from its existence then appears all that exists. The Tao brings the unit, the unit produces the duality, the two cosmic forces yin and yang, the duality brings forth the trinity, the third is the universal harmony between the two primal forces of Yin and Yang. The moral sanctification of man is to tie back to this primordial substance of the universe, this ineffable first principle. To this goal help but no learning and great knowledge and not artificial rituals. Man must instead of that return to the simplicity of the child and originality of nature. Man shall not covet, he should let things happen and find true inner peace. Who found home in the simplicity of the child and to the origin of the innocence of nature, to the first principle of creation, to the Tao (Logos), this man is a holy man or a True Man. Transferred to the society, this philosophy rejects the rape of nature by man and the tyranny of the ruler. Lao Tzu was familiar to the soul of the people who would be governed even if it would not be suppressed by force. Law system, rites, education rejects Lao Tzu. He trusts in the Eternal Wisdom, which is called wisdom of nature and the soul of the people and all is regulated by itself, man must be only guided by the wisdom of nature and have nothing to determine self-willed himself. In the period in which the Taosimus arose, the political and economic turmoils were great. Lao Tzu wanted to set up a counter-program against the tyranny and the unbridled egoism and arrogance of man. The other Taoist, Chuang Tzu, is historically tangible. He lived a little later than Mencius. He wrote the True Book of the Southern Blossoms' Country. He also represents the philosophical monism, the primal monad or the head of the universe is non-being, the first principle, the ineffable Tao. The will of the people can not prevail in absolutist self-glory, but depends on the Tao. Therefore, if the people arguing about truth and falsehood, so comes it that they get lost in the non-essential and overlooked the first principle. Metaphysical speculation about non-being and being, whether the world had a beginning or had no beginning, Chuang Tzu rejected as idle. The meaning of life is in the pilgrimage to the place of the immortals, which is located in the far north in the sea, in the deepest midnight in the boundless ocean. To get to the place of immortality, man must be a non-useful person, one who can not be used and can not use anyone, but lives the silence and interiority in peace, and peace of mind arises. Such a wise man rises above life and death, he is empty inside of his own efforts and of all desire and lets the eternal wisdom of nature prevail in and flow through. He forgets his learning, he forgets his bodily desires and results in self-oblivion, in contemplation of the original principle. This is a meditative, mystical wisdom, a contemplative philosophy. The time's relationship of Chuang Tzu was also chaotic and brutal enough so that the desire of the ways to escape from the world and to retreat into the heaven of ideas, are understandable. This idea of heaven or this ideal country found its poetic expression in the dream of the island of the blessed, Peng-Lai, where the Immortals, the saints and sages live in eternal youth and eternal bliss. The first Emperor of China, Shi Huang Di, was full of longing for this ideal land of eternal youth in eternal bliss. But his mage did not know the way, so he slew all, until he himself has also died and was buried with great pomp. But the wisdom of Chuang Tzu ranges from sinking into the the first priciple of all beings, to the path of contemplation, to the longing for the heaven and the idea of immortality. So this philosopher also was near to Jesus Christ, the Logos, who was in the beginning, the master of contemplation, the giver of eternal life.



FOURTH CHAPTER
THE LONG I AND MAJIA-HE

My boy, let your grandmother tell you a fairy tale. I once dreamed that I had lived a long time ago in China. It was in the time of the Xia Dynasty, the golden age of matriarchy in the Middle Kingdom. Even the Yellow Emperor was not born, the rainbow girl had not revealed to him the mysteries of the heavenly music and the mystical love of arts, nor were Yao, Shun and Yu occurred, it was long before the flood. The mothers ruled the society and the mother's brothers were the children's uncles and to them a thousand times closer and better than the natural fathers, which were nothing. So that was it then. Yes, this is still sometimes so. But at that time happened a great cosmic catastrophe. The big cosmic disaster was more worse than the later flood. Namely the demonic powers in the air created to the one dear sun further nine suns, so that the sky was threatening to destroy the earth and the sea and all its inhabitants. Many people began to rebel against heaven and cursing, but just as many also prayed to heaven, that he might send a savior. And heaven was gracious and sent the Savior, the Lord. That was certainly our dear Lord Jesus. But this name is difficult to pronounce for a Chinese tongue, so they always called him only the Long I. His wife was our dear lady Mary. But because the Chinese tongue the R can not pronounce, so they called them Majia-He. If I remember correctly, meant Majia-He as much as the Yellow Mary, because she was of a yellow color like the Chinese, she had just such slit eyes and long black silk hair. Well, the Long I wore the bow and arrow, he had come as a warrior. He asked Majia-He, to stay at home and pray for the success of his mission. Then he sat down on his Mongolian horse and rode out into the world. Up there burned the nine demonic suns, the fierce fire of wrath. But the Long I put the arrow on, took his bow and shot the first sun from the sky, the second, the third, and so on, until he had shot all nine demon suns from the sky. The suns fell in the Bo-Hai, the Yellow Sea, and were drowned. The Long I rode back into his little hut in the unknown village of Anci. There, our lady Majia-He greeted him. The fame of the Long I was great and there were gathered disciples around him, who wanted to be inaugurated by him in the art of archery. For the archery according to the teaching of the Long I was a mystery. They were about to refrain from all target shortfall, this was considered a sin, and to hit the target exactly in the golden mean, this was considered a union with God. Thus, seventy-two disciples gathered themselves around the Long I, but he chose twelve special men, to which he also announced deeper secrets, such as the secrets of eternal youth. The leader of the twelve disciples was Gen, the rock. That was a strong man. But the favorite pupil of the Long I was Yen Hui, later named after him was also the favorite student of Kung Fu Tzu.
            But one student had the Long I, which was a flower girl, which he named only Meh-Meh, little sister. He initiated her into the mysteries of the rainbow girl. It was a mystical doctrine, the sexual union of the male and female principle as a parable for the union of man and the supreme deity. The Long I now taught for three hundred years his students, then he became a hermit to seek the herb of immortality. He was on the summit of Tai Shan, the eastern mountain, alone with the Supreme Lord of Heaven, who showed him the herb of immortality. The Long I brought it back to his house and kept it carefully in a chest. He said: I shall now soon return home into heaven. After death, heaven will show you if any of you is worthy to taste the herb of immortality. I can not allow it to you. For you are all sinners, that is, poor devils, who miss the mark in the mystical archery. You all are not worthy, the herb of immortality to taste. The Long I rode away and was not seen again. Only seven small children, three girls and four boys, told that they had seen him riding on his Mongolian horse through the sky. But the people did not believe them. Now were gathered all the students to Majia-He, to our Lady of China, the Yellow Majia. She counted nine hundred years, when she dreamed, now she must cost a tip of a leaf from the herb of immortality. She was so humble and considered herself to be the poorest of all poor devils, that she licked with her ​​tongue at the root of the stem. She went on in a huge vortex into the sky and flew straight to the moon. First, she saw in the middle of the moon a high full cinnamon standing and theron sat a little snow bunny who rubbed the bark with a pestle in a small mortar to alchemistic powders of dreams, which he then scattered over the earth. But the tree grew smaller. If only one rootstock remained, the whole moon was seen as light full moon from earth. At that time the women menstruated yet regular at the time of the full moon.
            But then again grew the cinnamon tree again from the rootstock, and when the whole big wide tree stood in the middle of the moon again, the moon was eclipsed and the people said on earth: Now is new moon. At new moon always prophesied the great-grandmothers and the poets sang mysterious love songs. And Majia-He came to the moon palace, which was built entirely of white jade. Inside hung many mirrors, so that the palace seemed infinite. In the middle of infinity but a throne was of a single clear jasper. There, now Majia-He sat down and was now the Queen of Heaven. Sometimes people see when the moon comes close to them even the Queen of Heaven smiling. This happened many ages later to a poet. He was madly in love with the most beautiful woman of China, but of course, unhappy, or he would indeed have not been a poet. Therefore he caroused immense and rose roaring drunk in a small fishing boat and rowed to the Dung-Ting-Lake. The poet saw in the mirror of the lake, the full moon glowing like a peach of immortality and in the immaculate mirror of the full moon he saw the face of Our Lady of the Middle Kingdom, the Yellow Majia. Then she threw the reflection of the moon in the Dung-Ting-Llake and the poet drowned in the lake, so the unbelievers say. But the believers say, he sank into the love of the Queen of Heaven forever!


FIFTH CHAPTER
THE SONG OF SONGS IN THE MIDDLE KINGDOM

This is te love song of Chinese poetry. Of Shi Tuo-Tang, the first poet of the Tang Dynasty. With his oil mouth he should kiss me! His kisses are intoxicating as the hot rice wine! Your musk smells strong! Your name is like musk! Therefore you lured by the the flower girls. Draw me to yourself! Quickly! The Son of Heaven lead me into his chamber's fragrance! We want to cheer: A-ya, A-ya! Your love is more worthy of glory than three hundred cups full of rice wine, carousing the poet! There is only one right moral and true virtue: to love you! I'm like black jade, ye flower girls of Xian, I'm like a beautiful black jade! I'm like the tents of the Mongols and as the curtains of Ming Huang! Why do you look at the black jade? I went for a walk in the sun without a sun screen. My grandmother's grandsons are mad at me. I should cultivate their gardens. But my own garden I have not been maintained. Beloved, where do you rest at noon, where are you playing with phoenix and dragon? What should I wander through the streets of red dust to the other guys? If you do not know, you fairest of the fair, then let your cockatiels free! You are the favorite mare in front of the chariot of the emperor Shi Huangdi, my beloved! How beautiful is the smooth jade of the skin of your face with the earrings of pearls. How beautiful is your ivory white neck with the string of coins. We make for you still silver necklaces with small charms. When the Son of Heaven sits at the table, then smells my orchid. My beloved is to me a sachet of cinnamon bark between my breasts. A peony is my lover, a peony on the way to the rice fields. You are beautiful, a real beauty, princess. Your eyes are like meteors. You are beautiful, strong and vigorous, my beloved. Under the rustling bamboo is our bed. Pine trees are the walls of our fragrance chambers. I am a peony in the realm of Xian, I am a pure lotus flower in the pond. A lotus flower with nettles is my beloved among the foolish women. A peach tree under pine trees is my beloved among the foolish guys. I want to rest in the shade of the peach tree and cost its sweet peach with my palate. He led me into the house of wine. His banner over me was love! Strengthen me with plum cake, refreshe me with lychees! I am sick of love! His left hand is under my head and with his right hand he caresses me. In the unicorns and the white elephant cows name I charge you, O flower girls of Xian, do not interfere with our love until we wake up. Ah, the lover comes! Behold, he cometh! He jumps over the eastern mountain, he hops over the western hills. The unicorn is like my lover, the winged serpent! Outside he is! Through the window hole he is spying and peeping through the silk curtain of my bedchamber. The lover whispers with a smooth tongue: Arise, my beloved, you beauty, and come!
            The winter is over and the snow has melted. In the gardens are blooming peonies. The oriole sings. The cockatiels are chirping in the bamboo cages. The peach trees are blooming and flowering. Before the tavern rice wine is served. Arise, my beloved, fairest of the fair ones, and come! My dove in the pine tree, my female magic bird in the mulberry, come, let me see your face and hear your whispering voice! Catch the fox-ghosts, catch the female fox-ghost who wants to suck my manhood! The beloved is mine and I am his; he stores in the Lotus flowers. When the day is gone and the shadows are long, come, beloved, and be like a unicorn on the O-mi-mountain! At night I was sleeping under my gauze curtain of the bed in my bedchamber, but I was looking for my lover, but the bed was empty, alas! I want to get up and wander through the streets of the red dust and goe in the houses of the flower girls, if I can find him. I want to see if he is on the Tiananmen Square. I searched him and did not found him. The guards of Beijing had found me. Have you seen him whom my poor humble soul loveth? As soon as I left bigwigs and their monks, I found the beloved. I embraced him with my jade white arms. I took him to my grandmother in the house, who raised me up, in the chamber of her who read to me from the Book of Songs. In the unicorns and the phoenixes name I will summon you, flower girls in the world of red dust, does not bother me and the beloved, until we our game of love finished - Sung-Chou! Who is she which cometh out of the wilderness, like smoke of incense ascending, incense sticks of cinnamon and opium, as the fragrant spices of the pharmacist? See, here is the litter of Ming Huang. Sixty bigwigs accompany him. Theyall carry daggers in the silk sleeves, against the foreign devils from midnight. A litter the Emperor Ming Huang made from tung oil trees from the western mountains, the post of jade, nephrite from the backrest, the seat of brocade, inlaid with pearls. Come, ye flower girls from Beijing, and see, o flower girls from Xian, see the Emperor Ming Huang with the wedding ring, which his empress mother from bamboo branches braided for the day of the wedding of the emperor with his favorite concubine, the night of his greatest pleasures! A heavenly beauty you are, my beloved, a heavenly beauty you are! Behind your silk are shimmering your eyes like meteors. Your hair is as smooth as silk and as black as lacquer. Your teeth are like melon seeds. Your lips are like raspberry. Like a peach is your temple under the silky hair. Like an ivory tower is your neck, there is hanging a Gong of the pagoda. Your breasts are like jujubes-dates, two jujube-dates, and your nipples are like jade buds on jade mountains. When the day is gone, I want to go to the hill of frankincense and the mountain of cinnamon. Everything about you is beauty, my beloved, you're made out of jade! Come with me, my bride, come from the O-mi-mountain, come down with me from the O-mi-mountain! Away from eastern mountain, away from the western mountain, away from the hills of the dragons and tigers! You have enchanted me, using the magic of your eyes and the spell of your amulet on the neck. Oh, how beautiful is your gorgeous love art, beloved, my bride! Your love art intoxicate me more than three hundred cups of rice wine, your sweat is intoxicating as the best oils and essences.
            From your lips, mistress, flows peach juice, peach juice and rice wine flows under your tongue! The scents of your silk are like the scents of a pharmacy. A Japanese Garden is my beloved, a Japanese Garden in the Forbidden City, a sealed fountain. A pleasure garden you are! Peach trees with delicious peaches sprouted in you, jujube-dates, plum trees, lotus, orchids, peonies, chrysanthemums, bamboo! A pure source you are, a pure source, such as the water that flows down from the Himalayas. Come, ye winds of the Dragon and the Phoenix, blowt in this pleasure-garden that the scents, that the tantalizing scents intoxicate me! Let my beloved come into his orchard and eat of the sweet peaches of immortality! I'm in my orchard, granddaughter of my grandmother, my beloved, my favorite concubine! I eat my peaches, including the plums, I drink my rice wine with the plums juice! O poets, ye joyous revelers, come and be drunken of love, of the arts of my beloved! I slept, but my humble soul was awake. My lover was pounding as loud as my heart: Open up, Meh-Meh, my sister, my love, my magic female bird, you flawless jade virgin! My head is full of dew, from my black hair are dripping the dew-drops  of the night. I've taken off my silk and laid my transparent silk clothes away, should I get dressed again? I have bathed my little cute lotus feet, should I stain them again with the red dust of the world? My beloved puts his hand through the hole, my body trembled with lust. I arose, I opened the door for the Beloved. The lock of the door drops with gum arabic. I opened for him, the beloved. But since he had disappeared. I was left without breath, because he was gone! I sought him, but found him not. I called him, but he did not answer. I found the bigwigs in their passage through the night, the moral police beat me and took me my light silk cloak, they beat me with the nine-tailed whip, the guardians of public morals. I charge you, flower girls, when my lover is with you, so say to him that his mistress is sick of love's desire! Who is your lover before other guys, you fairest of the fair? What surpasses your lover the other guys that you so charge us? My beloved is white as jade and red as nephrite. He is the captain of millions of Chinese. His head is as transparent as jade. His sleek hair is black as lacquer. His eyes are almonds, washed in dew. His teeth are like a string of beads of the monks. His cheeks smell like spices of the pharmacist. His lips are sweet as lychees, they overflow with soymilk. His hands are as gold bullions and he wears rings of magicians. His body is like ivory. His legs are pillars to curl up the winged serpents. His shape is like the eastern mountain Tai-Shan, sublime as the pines of long life. His mouth is like rice wine, everything is intoxicating on him. Ten thousand times happiness to her that is loved by him. This is my beloved, this is my Go-Go, my brother, ye flower girls from Beijing! Where has your beloved gone, you fairest of the fair? Where has your lover disappeared? We must seek him in all beds. In his pleasure garden was my lover, to the gardens of herbs went the wise hermit, to walk in the orchard and pick lotus flowers. I am to my beloved his most devoted handmaid, and the beloved is my most obedient slave, he who walks among lotus flowers. Beautiful as Peng-lai-shan are you, glorious as the Forbidden City of Beijing, heavenly as the constellation of the weaver, my beloved! Turn your magic eyes from me, for they enchant me. Your hair is fine as silk, black as laquet. Your teeth are melon seeds. Your peach cheek once I caroused. Sixty empresses has Ming Huang, eighty concubines, flower girls without number, but only one is his mistress, his bride, her mother's darling! She is the unique female magic bird, the immaculate virgin of jade!
            Behold the flower girls his beloved, then they are jealous, the concubines and empresses see her, then the bile is burning in them. She is beautiful as the smile of the dawn, she is radiant like the sun, she is inspiring as the moon, the poets sing drunken about the moon. She is shining like the milky way, she is affectionately as the heavenly weaver. In the garden with the almond trees I climbed, and up to the date-tree, to check on the dates. I wanted to see if the plum trees and peach trees are in bloom already. Turn around in a circle, Yang Gue-Fei, spin around in a circle, so we can consider you. What do you want to see Yang Gue-Fei? The Dance of the Phoenix and the female magic bird! How beautiful are your lotus feet, you princess! Your thighs are like jewels of a master blacksmith. Thy navel is the cup from which is carousing the Son of Heaven! Your breasts are jade mountains and your nipples jade buds of immortality. Thy neck is a tower of ivory with many Gong on it. Your eyes are like pools of mandarin ducks pairs of Szechuan. Your head is like the western mountains of the Queen Mother Xi-Wang-Mu, in your hair like silk the Emperor is caught. How lusting you are and how provocative, o beloved, beloved full of lust! Like a date palm is your body, your lap is split like a date. I will climb the palm tree and pick the date. Jugs of rice wine are your breasts, I will drink my fill. Your kisses are like overflowing rice wine, which makes the reveler drunk that he talks in his sleep. I am to my beloved his most devoted handmaid, and my beloved is mine as my most devoted slave. My lover desires no other girl-friend than me alone! Come, my beloved, we walk incognito, incognito through the Middle Kingdom and walk to the fields of poor farmers and sleep in the villages under bamboo. Earlier we want then go to the rice fields, to see if the rice is already mature for the rice wine, whether the peach blossoms bloom, whether the plum blossoms bloom. There I will give you my full devotion. The mandrake of the magician screams. Oh, are you not my brother, Go-Go, which sat with me on the knees of my grandmother? Then might I kiss you in public and no moralist would clamor. I want to lead you and bring you into the chamber of my grandmother who raised me up alone with the Book of Songs. There I gave you the juice of plums and peaches. His left hand is under my head and his right hand caressing me. I charge you, flower girls of Beijing, do not interfere with our love's peace until we wake up. Who is she that comes from the Mongolian Taiga, arm in arm with her lover? Under the peach tree of immortality you woke up, lit up under the fig tree of religion, where your grandmother has passed away in the heavenly realm of ancestors. Stronger than death is heavenly love! Jealousy is but hot as hell. The glow of lust is a glow of heaven! Even the Yellow Sea and the Yang-Tse-Kiang can not extinguish the fire of love's lust. Spends one the wealth of the Emperor of India for love, wet would only mock him. You who dwell in the pleasure gardens, on your whispering voice are listening the poets, the revelers at night. Let me hear your sweet whispering. Quick, quick, my lover, dance like a phoenix with the female magic bird and ride in the heavens like a yellow crane!