Herausgegeben von Dr. P.M. – Herausgeber der

DAUGHTER XIAN BLOWS THE JADE FLUTE


By Josef Maria Mayer


"The poet dictated a scholarly letter which His Majesty signed without hesitation, for His Majesty believed that what the minister whispered to him, that the poet is an exiled angel from heaven. His Majesty gave the poet great gifts, but the poet spends all to the woman of the winehouse, for he loved the hot rice wine."




Autumn wind blowing, breath of autumn,
Bleach and dry, yellow leaves
Fallen shivering in the non-existence.
Turbidity is the weather, frosty.
I show the pond, so I look
After the distant friend and brother.
Far away the void under heaven!
High heaven, cool ether,
Deep silence on earth.
Does the river drink?
Clear crystals of sister water!
I'm tired, sick of love!
Oh, my flesh is eaten
From the frost of the cold earth!
Bitter disappointment everything!
Behind me, the old life,
I eagerly search after novelty!
Bitterness in my heart!
I lost my office, the field,
Anger shredded my soul!
Lonely I 'm on earth!
Far the pilgrimage to the homeland,
Nowhere a true friend and brother,
Melancholic my soul.
Swallows fly near the house,
Still in the grass the cicadas.
Look, the wild goose flies to the south,
They chatter lamentations.
Sleepless I wait for the morning,
Only the crickets chirp in the dark.
Already over the half of my life,
But still nothing is completed.

*

In an emergency, I 'm leaving,
I think of him, who once gracious to me.
Behind me lies house and home,
Unsure the aim of the trip.
My loyalty was to the emperor,
But he pushed me away into the void.
Longing haunts me, grief and discontent!
Sleeping and dining unedifying!
Could I pour out my heart!
But he does not know my soul.
In the distance the car rolls,
Oh I do not find the emperor,
Sighing, I sit in the car,
Tears run out of my eyes.
Highest hope become shame,
I'm lost in time and space,
I must cry over my fate,
My skill I have to complain!
Nevertheless, my heart is full of loyalty.

*

Seasons are from heaven,
Cold and pale the moon of the harvest,
Frost hazes in the field,
Unclothed stand the trees.
Oh the sun is gone,
Long and lonely are the nights.
My life’s springtime is gone!
As a stump I die!
Frost heralds the harvest,
Not far off the frost of winter.
Summer’s fire is caught
In the dungeon frosts.
Tired was the leaf and colorless,
Shadowy bare branches
How consumed by death’s disease.
Snow from heaven! Remote the day,
As I stood by my emperor.
Tired of my horse’s trotting
And flaccid hang the reins.
Unsure the purpose of the trip,
Hurry, hurry years of life,
Not given to me what was true!
Why am I born in the world
Full of fear and madness?
Silent I sneak through the darkness,
Full of melancholy chirps the cricket,
I sigh, looking at the autumn moon,
Stars appear at eve.

*

Woe to the heavy orchid,
Funny blooming in the garden!
Blossoms bear fruit,
Wet summer wind crushed them.
They wanted to talk about love,
But you do not hear their language,
In my longing reach me!
Oh I want the strange woman,
Black glow in heavy bosom,
But do you not feel my flames?
I am innocent of the disaster.
Bitter, my heart is full of sadness.
Only you, only you I want to search,
But a fence guarding your little hut
And in the garden the guard dog barks,
Thy gate is locked.
Overflowing with all heavens
From the eerie autumn,
Moist and wet Mother Earth,
You do not want to be dry!
But to me not a drop of mercy!
Clouds drifting into the distance.

*

Oh the world is clever and cunning,
Oh curved lines are all
And fakes are all dimensions.
Nobody rides noble steeds,
No, you only rush the lame Moravia!
While there are still noble steeds,
But no good rider!
Noble steeds know fools,
Take a fool out of the saddle!
Ducks quack on the ponds.
The Phoenix glows ascended to heaven!
Degree does not fit the crooked.
For me is no place on earth!
Blackbirds nest in the bushes,
But no nest for the phoenix is!
Silence, I must mention my loneliness.
Earlier I heard the emperor.
Where should trot my horse?
Where then would be a nest for the phoenix?
Old times are past,
Yes , time itself comes to an end!
Toys wants to rule the world.
Noble horses are hidden.
The Phoenix no longer comes from heaven.
Virtuous are only the animals.
For me is no place on earth!
Addiction free the horse, the rider,
The Phoenix complains, denies food.
Why am I come into exile?
My loyalty does not see my Lord.
Silence, I must mention my loneliness.
Earlier I heard the emperor.
Deep in the heart burns the sorrow,
Water does not remove the discontent,
Winter Frost makes dew pearls.
Oh , I know no refuge.
Snow is falling down, wet flakes.
Ah, time itself comes to an end!
No longer do I wait for grace
Or gratitude of people.
I wither like the grasses.
I gladly returned to the emperor,
But blocking the way to the emperor.
Others follow on wide streets,
But I do not follow the fools.
As I stand there confused,
Is not no way back, I'm lonely.
This world is clever and cunning,
Everyone rejects the circle,
Any fool fakes the degree.
I'm all alone on earth,
But lead me to the Ancient Wisdom!
To win glory in the evil world
Is certainly not my intention.
I am poor, but great is my wealth.
Little I eat, I'm saturated.
Previously sung a love poet:
Leisure ruining the States!
Aimless floating the idea!
Lonely I wall through the wilderness,
Undecided, the goal is in front of me.

*

Longer are now the nights.
Sadness reigns in my heart.
Spring and autumn, now close to the end,
God in heaven gives me grief!
The summer is about to run,
Also, the light will leave me.
In the evening, the sun reddens,
Narrow and pale the bright Lady Moon,
The year comes to an end,
Age creeps around my apartment.
I tore my heart in pieces!
Hope brought only disappointment!
Bitter resentment in the bosom burns me,
Tears do not delete this burning!
Hastily flee my years,
Lonely finds me the old age.
World has a lot to create even,
I persist in leisure.

*

Clouds darken the sky now,
Clear Moon is suddenly dark.
O Moon, my loyalty beams,
Clouds now hide my heart.
Midday sun I want to show,
Clouds captured the rays.
Selfless, I was like the Savior,
Blemish is now on my name.
Wise ruler glory shone,
Light flows up to the highest heaven,
But the envy of the little people
Failed my fame.
Light of the sun, full Lady Moon
Is darkened, not to be seen.
Bad it is in the Middle Kingdom,
Prevail liars and slanderers.

*

Your lotus flowers coat
Protects you not against winter storms.
Arrogance creates your beauty,
You do not hear on your servant.
Wisdom is not your delectation,
But you are looking for flattery.
Quantities crowd to the light,
Beauty fled to the distant shore.
Income is in the farmer’s field,
Overgrown weeds in the field.
States serve the profit,
Disaster is approaching fast.
Your splendor blinded the world,
But the world knows nothing of beauty.
Today you stand before the mirror,
Tomorrow you 're going to hide.
Stars carry you to my word,
But how quickly the stars fall
And you are not to be seen.
High Heaven rests veiled,
Dark rests Mother Earth.

*

I am here, what do I want even more?
My soul floats with clouds
And my spirit dances with aeons,
Yes, I dance with the angels!
Look, follow me, rainbows,
Breaking through the air humidity.
Scarlet bird me on the left,
Green snake to the right of me.
Thunder roar 's my car
And I ride on the storm wind.
Yes, I travel in the void
And flow with the wind,
Riders ride through heaven,
Next I move to the goal,
Nothing brings me down out of the way,
Yes, I hasten to the throne of Heaven!

*

I will climb the Double Mountain,
Godman, distant to roam with you!
I will climb the Double Mountain,
Godman, distant to roam with you!
I wander in the hills of faeries,
Wander to the Haunted Island,
Swirling up to the edges of the earth,
God-man, only with you!
I would like to find the herb
And the elixir of eternal life,
I will live ten thousand years!
Singing I sung my request:
I will climb the Double Mountain!
Heaven lasts, earth lasts,
But people fade away.
One, they say, not waxed old,
Others found God's way,
In any case, they obtained
The immortality of life.
Singing I tell my request:
I will climb the Double Mountain!
Moon and sun as they shine,
Nothing that is not enlighten by their light,
Moon and sun as they shine,
Nothing that is not enlighten by their light ,
Wonderful conversion acting!
Valuable alone is the man!
On the whole earth’s round
Everyone serves heaven’s emperor.
Love and Justice!
Virtue! Beauty and music!
Singing I tell my request:
Moon and sun as they shine!
Always new the seasons,
Day and night in exchange at all times,
Always new the seasons,
Day and night in exchange at all times.
Great men follow God,
God rules the great men!
Mourn not, time flies!
Think, the world is not right!
Forever decay,
That is why only fools take care!
Singing I tell my request:
Always new seasons.
Sorry! What is the idea?
Funny! Everything is there!
Sorry! What is the idea?
Funny! Everything is there!
Power and Wisdom also pass away?
But this time to love,
Which character has this service?
But how should drive drifting sand?
This truly makes no sense.
Singing I tell my request:
Sad, sad! Oh what is this?

*

Stump is written my brush
From the hair of wild rabbits,
My songs are so hard,
This only can bear a buffalo.
O madly dancing my brush!
Panther, snakes arise.
Look, my sleeves dancing in the wind,
Stir in the clouds in the sky!
The barbarian girl singing,
These two girls singing,
They change their tunes,
They sing to the dawn.
I lift my cup,
To challenge the snow,
You, the pure snow of the north!
I can also drink as you,
Drink as much as you!

*

Look, my horse with the white nose
Carries the silvery saddle,
The ceiling on it,
Protective front of the dirt of the earth.
When the rain and the wind of spring
Brings flowers to foam,
I swing the rider 's whip
And goe into the tavern
To the barbarian waitress.

*

With two white gemstones
I want to buy your swans,
Your two white swans
Glaring white like silk.
White snow should be ashamed
Before the whiteness of your swans!
Your white swan’s shadow
Sinking in the jade lake
And they brush their wings
Between green jade trees,
Veiling peer weeping willows.
Quietly they lie in the night
In the clear moon’s glow,
In the morning they undulate cozy
The flowers on the earth.
These swans I want to have,
I desire this birds:
I want on the rolling hills
To play with the two swans!
Can you solve them?
Will you trust me?
Let me, the bearer of
This verses, the birds
Bring still in the bamboo cage.

*

Big Dipper stir up dust,
At noon the roads are dark.
Rich in resources, the eunuchs,
In the clouds their homes!
I saw today a fighting cock,
Imposing his umbrella,
He made his head to a rainbow.
All are filled with fear,
The path of the temporary change.
Who knows now an old man,
Who purely washes his ears?
Who can between the emperor
And the robber differ?

*

Yellow current lies in the East Sea,
Sun-shine sinks into the West Sea.
Hiking water jets flee,
They wait no more on each other.
Alas, the same spring beauty
Took unfortunately leave from me!
Life’s harvest makes my hair gray.
Yes, human nature
Is not to compare with cedars.
How did the people’s look
Over the years not change?
I want to climb into the clouds
And drink the light of heaven
And the time to bring to a stop!

*

I went to the pavilion in the east,
Oh, I love you whom I have not found!
I went on the beach with the herons,
But the heron flew away.
White winter’s flakes fell
Down on the green hills.
I am far from the distant river,
I do not fear the long journey,
Whether the beautiful mountains waves
Also like Panther eyes threaten.
Ah, the rhododendron flower
Has just opened,
But the spring is over.
But back to now
And fishing in the stream the fish,
Is it unfortunately too late now.

*

Guards come. interrupted
The traffic. The streets empty.
I hear screams from the border,
Cries of a wild goose,
Under heaven my ear hears it.
Autumn is. White is the dew
On the night that prevails today.
O Moon in my hometown,
You're full of beautiful light!
My friends are scattered,
Oh, I have no home,
Whether they are living or dead,
Let find me my friends,
Letters do not come to me
And the guns are not silent.

*

In September raging winds
Passionate in the fall!
I wove reeds in front of my house,
Straws were flying over the water
And sprinkled its banks.
High floors, some straws,
Others have caught
On the branches of the dark forest,
Others fell off
And they whirl back and forth,
Rotate until they disappear
In the ponds and the gorges.
There comes from the village in the south
A crowd of little boys,
Take advantage of my weakness,
Stealing everything I have.
But I had to endure,
How it all my straws
Contributed in the bamboo grove.
Until the mouth was burning, I cried,
Until my lips split open,
But everything in the wind!
So I go back,
Support me on my staff,
Sighing softly to myself.
Soon after leaving the wild storm,
Ink-black clouds wander
Through the sky at night.
My soft cotton blanket,
I've been around for years,
Suddenly she became cold as iron.
The spoiled children
Kicking ripped in bed
My soft cotton blanket.
Leak above the bed, the roof,
Nowhere is a dry spot,
Rain poured down like a hemp string,
Since the rebellion is active,
I have only little sleep.
Oh the long wet night!
How should I escape the night?
Can I build a hut,
Thousand times, ten thousand rooms,
Large enough to provide protection
All ways under heaven!
Are then the wise men happy?
Storm and rain could not
Ever shake this shack.
This house would be firm as a rock.
Could I just see this house!
It would be my tent ripped,
I would I freeze to death,
I would I could confidently and peacefully die!

*

Fierce is the wind. From the mountain
I look to the high sky.
Monkeys shout their complaints.
River, you're like hard glass.
White shines the sandbar in the river.
Above swing the birds.
From the trees leaves are falling,
Whirling down on the ground.
Eternally the current flows there!
Come, fall, I am melancholic,
So does the fall, so I feel my melancholy.
I am one thousand miles away,
Always on pilgrimage.
Often I was sick in life.
Standing alone on the terrace,
White like frost my hair in grief.
Over and over again in front of me
Is the cup full of wine!

*

Dew drops down from the sky,
Clear weather in the autumn.
At night, alone on barren mountains,
Suggests a horror my soul.
Lamps shine from afar,
A sailboat anchored.
In the height is the new moon.
At the washing place is noisy the washboard.
Asters bloom in the south,
But I lie prostrate sick.
No letter comes to me from the north,
No mercy knows the wild goose!
One step at my floor,
I look to the shepherd-star
And to the bushel-star in the north.
Oh, the white star’s power
Flows in the distant future
Into the city of the Jade Phoenix!

*

How emerald green is the river,
Relentlessly white the bird!
Blue mountain, unrelenting
Flowers are like hot flames!
Ah, the spring has passed,
Again, I look at
The transience of spring
And I ask for the hour,
The hour of my return.
Evening sun gives a strip,
The commonality of beauty
Of the mountains and rivers.
Spring breezes carry scents,
Grasses are fragrant, flowers smell.
Swallows wear soft clay.
Resting on the soft beaches
Ducks in the bed together!


*

The cabin is located
At the foot of the old wall.
Sometimes I get up,
Go up to the old wall.
That does not belong to what is past,
People and the present
Come and go at their own will.

*

Low sinks the sun, between
The dark pines the wind blows.
So I return home,
Wet the grass of evening dew.
Clouds graze my steps.
The kingfishers in the mountains
Stirr to the people’s clothes.

*

High apricots hut,
Often I climb up there
At the evening of a day.
From the summit ridge to the south
And from the ponds in the north
I look out to the front,
Turning again to myself.

*

Bright shines the water bed,
Soon is wounded my heart.
Sealing the little green bamboo.
Straight ahead the road route,
Which combines high mountains.
Singing I look while walking
To the ancient mountain peaks.

*

When the day comes to evening,
Then appear cool mountains.
Lonely I wander as a stranger.
What's going on in the pine forest?
I can see traces of
Fearfull hinds and stags.

*

Darkness is here, the sun sinks,
The song of the birds is mixed
With the chatting pure stream.
In the depth the path goes.
When dies this mood end,
The loneliness hid from sight?

*

Pepper and cinnamon scent fragrances mixed,
In the amount the bamboo grows.
Arguing sun and clouds,
You have to freeze in the thicket.

*

Outside the gate, the path of the Temple
Leads down to the beautiful lake.
Oh, how I love the coming
Golden autumn and the rain
And the colorful falling leaves,
Leaves which continuous sweep.

*

Outside the hall, the surging water
Fades into the distance.
Lonely the moon goes the way.
Monkeys screaming in the valley.
But if the wind changes,
The wind blows through the window.

*

Lonely the boat in the wind
And the waves entrusted.
Out of the water protrudes
The breastfeeding lake of the southern hill.
In the evening the sun goes down,
If you say, to the western mountains.
Clear waves form
A boundless water surface.

*

The water is wide under the pond,
Blue sky shine like luster.
I set the boot on, I have to sigh,
But there comes a pure wind.

*

Blue is the mirror of the pond,
Wind excites him, silk is shimmering.
In the mourning hut
I found a quiet place.
Should I forgo the hour,
As the poet once did?

*

Brook noise fills the shore,
At the ford of the south I go.
Ducks swimming, seagulls flying,
Approaching sometimes human beings.

*

Still, this small water
Is like gold and green jade,
Almost that you could touch it!
In the first dawn,
When the flowers are still pale,
I go alone and draw water.

*

Climbing the stones down to the water,
Where I play with the waves,
There is the infinite sensation.
Quiet evening, the sun is sinking,
Coolness rises from the river.
Clouds float, reveal
Transparent autumn clarity.

*

In the south ascended,
I go down to the north.
The mourning hut
Lonely looks to the beautiful lake.
I will collect firewood,
It come forth the reeds boat.

*

The cabin in the bamboo grove,
Light paths are familiar to me.
Birds over the mountains.
I am lonely and hidden
There is nobody in this world.

*

On the wall of spring green,
The cicadas there,
There are also magnolia blossoms,
Mingled with the hibiscus.

*

Yes, I love the beautiful leisure,
So I complete my works.
In the harmony of leisure
You can sleep in spite of promises.
Today in the painted garden
Am I free as a philosopher.

*

Scratch spicy red thorns
On the human silk dress.
Fragrance clings to the stranger,
He's gone.
That's nice that this flower
For the victims mug!
Oh I wish, dear Lord,
That you pluck the flower!

*

Walking out of the door, girt,
When are you coming back to the gate?
When did you sent the bride gifts,
You told nothing of the border.
Oh that we must part!
Why did you take me for a wife?
Military service must do the man,
But I do not spoil the youth!
On the front I will follow you.
Who can in the empty
Apartment to be lonely and old?

*

Ancient lyre in the chest,
Who did remember you?
Dropped jade bridges,
Red strings were black.
Thousand year old notes
Have today no sense.
No one survives more
The melodies of old songs.
Vermin in the lyre
And it is discolored by dust.
Also the name of the builder
Is no longer legible.
But when once in the Middle Kingdom
The music of the old sounds,
A man sings of Heaven's Gate
Songs beautifully to his lyre.

*

Oh, the night is short in the spring,
Little is the lamp’s flame.
Dust has spoiled the scriptures,
Eyees with pain are tired.
Stiff limbs from studying,
Sorrow over me agonizing.
I find the idea, this one idea,
But ten ideas are lost.
I met you in your youth,
At that old age it is hard.
I slide aside the books,
Oh, who am I? Shall I speak?
I myself am at my torment!

*

Opening under the snow the flowers,
Nonbody felt surrounded the idea.
We pull down the branch,
Just look at us and wonder very much!
Rapidly induced, you faithful wine,
Drunken we celebrate in the garden!
We saw indeed the first
This year’s new flower!

*

About trees beside the waters
Tends already down the sun.
In the plane of the meadows
The boundless sea is green.
People go, but do not see
How the spring becomes older.
Pavilion of opulence
And bliss! People come,
People walk past quickly,
Stepping on fallen flowers.

*

On the pear blossom is snow
And the peach blossom blushing
Floats like pearls of chaste dew.
Weeping willows, leaves green,
Silky veils hanging sad,
Her robe shows the meadow.
Wind blows across the water pool,
Light waves cancel
Almost like the inlet characterized.
It costs a hundred coins,
You purchase enough wine,
Enjoy a bliss and vacillate!

*

If you 're getting older,
Do you feel like outpaces time.
Who goes idle doing nothing,
Feels the day boredom.
Days know nothing of compassion,
Moons know no mercy!
But my heart is human,
Knowing the leisure and work.
Wins with strenuous force
Even the poet his fame.
Once will still stand a monument
In the place of his grave.
Quiet strolls under the trees
The scholarship this way.
Distant he sees cemeteries.
For immortality on earth
No medicinal herb is grown for you!
Poet, take the young wine!
New wine into slender chalice!

*

Colourful boat, full of wine barrels,
O how sweet is the lake!
Stringed instruments and flute tones,
Full jade cups circle!
I, calmly blowing on the waves,
Sink gently into drunken slumber.
Clouds sail under the boat,
Air and water clean and clear.
Up and down! The eyes marvel:
Lives in the bottom of the lake the sky?

*

From the green pastures outside
To the sandy shore,
From the city and its walls
Is the winter yielded to frost.
Floral shades anywhere.
Blackbirds nice blow the flute.
I alone am restless, lonely.
From the pain of our separation
Has become wide the belt.
Not to see anymore the dearest,
Pointless I sit alone
Under sapphire blue clouds.
Oh, when I met the fairy!
We stayed together
Like duck lovers.
Where I was once at her side,
Still familiar walked with her,
Who will walk with her today?
Aging I look in the mirror,
See my wine-red nose!
Oh, then the spring, ah!
From the wind gone with a blush
The ten thousand petals.
Like an ocean is my sorrow!

*

The cicadas wailing
In the white dew of autumn.
Gold embroidered in the silky curtain
Love’s duck-pair weeping.
On the bed alone, shivering
Jade-white your skin.
Oh, my heartache is infinite,
Boundless the dark night!
Cold north wind is blowing sharp
And cancels the colorful window curtain,
Rain almost obscured the light,
Sleepless long lasts the night.
Crows scream above the golden
Fountain of cold water.

*

In the closed Jade-room
Without love the lover!
Nobody shares the long cold
Winter night with the beloved.
Deeply ashamed they considered
That duck lovers,
Magic she-bird and phoenix
On the blanket and the pillow.
Alone she goes to bed,
Goes to sleep in her clothes.
Suddenly the sound of the horn calls
Outside of the high gate
And tears flow in my dream!
Oh my window at night
Nothing but cold and frosty moon.
Far too deep is her song
From the plum blossoms
Imprinted in my soul!

*

Flowers from such dreams fall,
Everything is so cold and dreary!
Musk fragrance also is respired.
Again, the sun sets in the evening
Behind the slender tower to the west.
Pain, pain without end
Comes very close to my heart!
Nobody knows my suffering!
My only solace
Is to teach poetry
A parrot in the cage,
Covered by his neighbor,
That angelic girl!

*

Humid clouds weigh heavily
At the top of the mountain!
Silhouettes shiver cold!
All eyes so full of suspicion!
Fog fades, smoke dissipates.
Oh, the Goddess now appears to me?
I'll ask the goddess:
Is life just a dream?